Re: getting ClassCastException when trying to remove CMP through Session Facade - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: getting ClassCastException when trying to remove CMP through Session Facade - Weblogic ; Thanks for replying thorick. I have tried what you said and now all day I have been trying to hunt down the following: BEA-010054 is stating that my facade and entity bean home, the actual bean and the remote interface ...

  1. Re: getting ClassCastException when trying to remove CMP through Session Facade

    Thanks for replying thorick. I have tried what you said and now all day I have been trying to hunt down the following:

    BEA-010054 is stating that my facade and entity bean home, the actual bean and the remote interface are in the classpath and should only be in the ejb-jar file( I can't figure it out)

    BEA-010202 Call by reference is not enabled for the EJB

    J2EE:160119 Appc is unable to process the file the following error occurred:"mod.jar": [EJB:011019]While reading META-INF/weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml, the persistence layer of the Entity EJB failed to deploy. The error was:
    "mod.jar": Error in descriptor line 21: Error parsing file at line: 21 column: 22. The content of element type "weblogic-rdbms-jar" must match "(weblogic-rdbms-bean+,weblogic-rdbms-relation*,order-database-operations?,enable-batch-operations?,create-default-dbms-tables?,validate-db-schema-with?,database-type?,default-dbms-tables-ddl?,compatibility?)"..
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.doCompile(EJBCompi ler.java:255)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBComp iler.java:476)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBComp iler.java:387)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileEJB(appc.java:802)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileEJB(appc.java:776)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileInput(appc.java:463)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.runBody(appc.java:184)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:146)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:103)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.main(appc.java:1030)
    "mod.jar": [EJB:011019]While reading META-INF/weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml, the persistence layer of the Entity EJB failed to deploy. The error was:
    "mod.jar": Error in descriptor line 21: Error parsing file at line: 21 column: 22. The content of element type "weblogic-rdbms-jar" must match "(weblogic-rdbms-bean+,weblogic-rdbms-relation*,order-database-operations?,enable-batch-operations?,create-default-dbms-tables?,validate-db-schema-with?,database-type?,default-dbms-tables-ddl?,compatibility?)".. NestedException Message is :Error parsing file at line: 21 column: 22. The content of element type "weblogic-rdbms-jar" must match "(weblogic-rdbms-bean+,weblogic-rdbms-relation*,order-database-operations?,enable-batch-operations?,create-default-dbms-tables?,validate-db-schema-with?,database-type?,default-dbms-tables-ddl?,compatibility?)".
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.persistence.PersistenceType.setType SpecificFile(PersistenceType.java:502)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.persistence.PersistenceType.setupDe ployer(PersistenceType.java:414)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.CMPInfoImpl.setup(CMPInfoI mpl.java:110)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJB20CMPCompiler.generatePersi stenceSources(EJB20CMPCompiler.java:64)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.doCompile(EJBCompi ler.java:245)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBComp iler.java:476)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.ejb20.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBComp iler.java:387)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileEJB(appc.java:802)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileEJB(appc.java:776)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileInput(appc.java:463)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.runBody(appc.java:184)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:146)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:103)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.main(appc.java:1030)
    "mod.jar": --------------- nested within: ------------------
    "mod.jar": weblogic.utils.compiler.ToolFailureException: [J2EE:160121]Errors encountered while compiling module 'D:\Projects\Java\TestProjects\facade\mod.jar.jar' :
    "mod.jar": [EJB:011019]While reading META-INF/weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml, the persistence layer of the Entity EJB failed to deploy. The error was:
    "mod.jar": Error in descriptor line 21: Error parsing file at line: 21 column: 22. The content of element type "weblogic-rdbms-jar" must match "(weblogic-rdbms-bean+,weblogic-rdbms-relation*,order-database-operations?,enable-batch-operations?,create-default-dbms-tables?,validate-db-schema-with?,database-type?,default-dbms-tables-ddl?,compatibility?)"..
    "mod.jar": - with nested exception:
    "mod.jar": [
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileEJB(appc.java:781)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.compileInput(appc.java:463)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.runBody(appc.java:184)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:146)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:103)
    "mod.jar": at weblogic.appc.main(appc.java:1030)

    If I can't figure this out I think I am done with CMP EJB's. If I have these sort of problems with live code I will be fired instantly. I am researching to port all of our client/server code done in Oracle Forms (one of which I absolutely hate) to a more generic java platform. I am using JBuilder 9 and have become comfortable with it but if JBuilding is the problem and you are aware of such things please let me know and I may be willing to research something else. Although that may be a problem because of all of the licensing we already bought. Anyhow it seemed as if WLS integrated nicely with JBuilder an the other servers I tried pretty much stopped right there.

    HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPP

  2. Re: getting ClassCastException when trying to remove CMP through Session Facade

    Hi,

    BEA-010054 probably means that the jar with your app
    is in the SERVERCLASSPATH. This will not
    interfere with your testing, but could
    become an issue when dynamically undeploying
    and redeploying.

    BEA-010202 is saying that the EJB container is complying
    with the J2EE specification and is treating
    remote calls as remote calls (and not as a
    local call).

    Now the biggie. I'm guessing that what has happened is that the and tags are not in the expected place in your
    weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml file. The line in the error
    message:

    The content of element type "weblogic-rdbms-jar" must match "(weblogic-rdbms-bean+,weblogic-rdbms-relation*,order-database-operations?,enable-batch-operations?,create-default-dbms-tables?,validate-db-schema-with?,database-type?,default-dbms-tables-ddl?,compatibility?)"..

    shows the *exact* order that the xml elements must appear
    in the xml file. Can you verify that the new elements are indeed where they should be. This is the most likely cause.

    On the subject of ease of development/deployment, there are numerous tools available to make this job simpler (such as the ejbgen tags which will automatically create these pesky deployment descriptors for you). I realize that you are under time pressure to get some results. Just want to say that there are tools out there to ease the frustration.

    Let us know how it goes.

    thanks

    -thorick

+ Reply to Thread