I have successfully implemented Optimistic Locking using Version
by including the version field in the VO returned to the client
(JSP). When the user update is submitted, I attempt to set the
version field in the EJB from the VO. If the values match, the
update occurs and WL automatically increments the version
field. If the values do not match, WL throws the Optimistic
Lock exception.

I'm puzzled on how to do this with READ where all fields in
the EJB should be checked against the VO. Does this mean that
my VO must contain two copies of all the attributes so that
either I or WL can compare the values that existed when the
VO was sent to the client to the current values in the EJB??

Has anyone implemented READ Optimistic Locking?? Help

Jerry