getConnection issued by CMP Engine for Entity Beans - Weblogic

This is a discussion on getConnection issued by CMP Engine for Entity Beans - Weblogic ; For CMP Collection finders e.g. findAll (defined on home interface with *any* Contianer Tx demarcation in deployment) -> invoking these Local Interfaces directly from Servlets (served by Web Container that does not understand JTA transactions), how may times witll getConnection ...

  1. getConnection issued by CMP Engine for Entity Beans

    For CMP Collection finders e.g. findAll (defined on home interface with *any* Contianer
    Tx demarcation in deployment) -> invoking these Local Interfaces directly from
    Servlets (served by Web Container that does not understand JTA transactions),

    how may times witll getConnection be issued by CMP Engine as Entities get loaded
    ?

    How does CMP ENginer honor such requests, can these entities be loaded in same
    Tx

    Observarion is if Test Connections on resreve is set to true and EJB findAll is
    executed once from Servlet, for EVERY ENTITY LOADED FROM DB, WLS goes and does
    a TEST CONNECTION !!

  2. Re: getConnection issued by CMP Engine for Entity Beans

    I think the answer is 'it depends'. Without knowing about your application's
    deployment, I'd guess that the finder is being run with 'finders-load-bean' set
    to false, which would require the container to execute N+1 Database hits for
    N beans..
    On the other hand if 'finders-load-bean' is set to true there will be only 1 Database
    hit for N beans.. I'd look into that and see if it helps you.

    -thorick

+ Reply to Thread