Re: Appc Warnings After Clob Inclusion - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Appc Warnings After Clob Inclusion - Weblogic ; "Leo J. Hart IV" wrote: > >Great! That's what I had hoped. Thanks for your quick reply! > >Leo I too was concerned about the deprecation warnings. With trial and error, I removed the OracleClob entry, redeployed, and was pleased ...

  1. Re: Appc Warnings After Clob Inclusion

    "Leo J. Hart IV" wrote:

    >Great! That's what I had hoped. Thanks for your quick reply!
    >
    >Leo

    I too was concerned about the deprecation warnings. With trial and error, I removed
    the OracleClob entry, redeployed, and was
    pleased to see that I was able to read and write to the CLOB column using WLS8.1SP2
    and Oracle9i. No more deprecation warnings!

  2. Re: Appc Warnings After Clob Inclusion

    If your DBMS column is of type CLOB, then you really should declare the column
    type to be 'OracleClob'. Not doing so may cause you problems when the CLOB data
    gets large in size. The deprecation warnings can be ignored.

    -thorick

    "dharmon" wrote:

    >"Leo J. Hart IV" wrote:
    >>
    >>Great! That's what I had hoped. Thanks for your quick reply!
    >>
    >>Leo

    >I too was concerned about the deprecation warnings. With trial and error,
    >I removed
    >the OracleClob entry, redeployed,
    >and was
    >pleased to see that I was able to read and write to the CLOB column using
    >WLS8.1SP2
    >and Oracle9i. No more deprecation warnings!

+ Reply to Thread