XA Help - Weblogic

This is a discussion on XA Help - Weblogic ; It is said that "In WebLogic Server, a client or a server object cannot invoke methods on an object that is infected with (or participating in) another transaction. The method invocation issued by the client or the server will return ...

  1. XA Help

    It is said that "In WebLogic Server, a client or a server object cannot invoke
    methods on an object that is infected with (or participating in) another transaction.
    The method invocation issued by the client or the server will return an exception.
    "

    I have 2 applications using the same cmp persistence layer. one which doesnt write
    to db say app1, and other which writes to db...app2

    if someone is using app2..and using a bean, i still want to look up values (getters
    and setters..or maybe other methods too) in that bean in app1...without errors

    how can i achieve this?

  2. Re: XA Help

    Hi Ben,

    Not sure if I got your question right. If you want two different clients to access/modify
    the beans parallely, you can do it by setting the concurrency strategy. What you
    have mentioned is true only in case of exclusive concurrency strategy. Check out
    the edocs for information regarding concurrency strategies.

    vasanthi ramesh

    "ben" wrote:

    >It is said that "In WebLogic Server, a client or a server object cannot
    >invoke
    >methods on an object that is infected with (or participating in) another
    >transaction.
    >The method invocation issued by the client or the server will return
    >an exception.
    >"
    >
    >I have 2 applications using the same cmp persistence layer. one which
    >doesnt write
    >to db say app1, and other which writes to db...app2
    >
    >if someone is using app2..and using a bean, i still want to look up values
    >(getters
    >and setters..or maybe other methods too) in that bean in app1...without
    >errors
    >
    >how can i achieve this?

+ Reply to Thread