Using ejbSelect - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Using ejbSelect - Weblogic ; Hi, I am an novice in J2EE programming. I have started from BEA's medrec sample application trying to build something mine. I want to count the number of rows in a table. The finders cannot be used but ejbSelect. The ...

  1. Using ejbSelect

    Hi,

    I am an novice in J2EE programming. I have started from BEA's medrec sample application
    trying to build something mine. I want to count the number of rows in a table.
    The finders cannot be used but ejbSelect. The problem is the next:

    1. How can I use ejbSelect()?
    2. How am I supposed to define @ejbgen:select stanza?
    3. How am I supposed to define abstract ejbSelect method in the EJB file containing
    @ejbgen:select?
    4. How am I supposed to call the previous ejbSelect method from my stateless session
    bean?

  2. Re: Using ejbSelect

    Vlado V. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am an novice in J2EE programming. I have started from BEA's medrec sample application
    > trying to build something mine. I want to count the number of rows in a table.
    > The finders cannot be used but ejbSelect. The problem is the next:
    >
    > 1. How can I use ejbSelect()?

    Something like the following:
    /**
    * ejbgen:select
    * ejb-ql="SELECT COUNT(o.iD) FROM BEAN o"
    */
    public abstract int ejbSelectQueryTotalCount() throws FinderExcetion;

    > 2. How am I supposed to define @ejbgen:select stanza?
    > 3. How am I supposed to define abstract ejbSelect method in the EJB file containing
    > @ejbgen:select?

    Yes...

    > 4. How am I supposed to call the previous ejbSelect method from my stateless session
    > bean?

    Expose in the home interface. Something like the following:
    /**
    * ejbgen:local-home
    */
    public int ejbHomeGetTotalCount() throws FinderException {
    return ejbSelectQueryTotalCount();
    }

    Best regards...

  3. One more question for Moe

    Hi Moe,

    Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions. Things got better. After I
    added the next lines:
    /**
    * @ejbgen:select
    * ejb-ql = "SELECT count(o.whoseProId) FROM ToplistEJB AS o
    * WHERE o.whoseProId = ?1"
    */
    public abstract long ejbSelectQueryNumberOfToplisted(Long pWhoseProId) throws
    FinderException;

    /**
    * @ejbgen:local-home
    */
    public long ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted(Long pWhoseProId) throws FinderException
    {
    return ejbSelectQueryNumberOfToplisted(pWhoseProId);
    }

    I passed the EJB compilation. But, how can I call this ejbSelect from session
    bean? I tried using:

    long count = toplistHome.ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted(pToplist.g etWhoseProId());

    in which toplistHome is the variable with Local Home. I got the error message
    that ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted cannot be resolved.

    Please help.

    Moe wrote:

    >Vlado V. wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am an novice in J2EE programming. I have started from BEA's medrec

    >sample application
    >> trying to build something mine. I want to count the number of rows

    >in a table.
    >> The finders cannot be used but ejbSelect. The problem is the next:
    >>
    >> 1. How can I use ejbSelect()?

    >Something like the following:
    >/**
    > * ejbgen:select
    > * ejb-ql="SELECT COUNT(o.iD) FROM BEAN o"
    > */
    >public abstract int ejbSelectQueryTotalCount() throws FinderExcetion;
    >
    >> 2. How am I supposed to define @ejbgen:select stanza?
    >> 3. How am I supposed to define abstract ejbSelect method in the EJB

    >file containing
    >> @ejbgen:select?

    >Yes...
    >
    >> 4. How am I supposed to call the previous ejbSelect method from my

    >stateless session
    >> bean?

    >Expose in the home interface. Something like the following:
    >/**
    > * ejbgen:local-home
    > */
    >public int ejbHomeGetTotalCount() throws FinderException {
    > return ejbSelectQueryTotalCount();
    >}
    >
    >Best regards...

  4. Re: One more question for Moe

    Try something like the following:

    toplistHome.getNumberOfToplisted(...)

    When calling the home method we can omit ejbHome on the client side...

    Vlado V. wrote:
    > Hi Moe,
    >
    > Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions. Things got better. After I
    > added the next lines:
    > /**
    > * @ejbgen:select
    > * ejb-ql = "SELECT count(o.whoseProId) FROM ToplistEJB AS o
    > * WHERE o.whoseProId = ?1"
    > */
    > public abstract long ejbSelectQueryNumberOfToplisted(Long pWhoseProId) throws
    > FinderException;
    >
    > /**
    > * @ejbgen:local-home
    > */
    > public long ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted(Long pWhoseProId) throws FinderException
    > {
    > return ejbSelectQueryNumberOfToplisted(pWhoseProId);
    > }
    >
    > I passed the EJB compilation. But, how can I call this ejbSelect from session
    > bean? I tried using:
    >
    > long count = toplistHome.ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted(pToplist.g etWhoseProId());
    >
    > in which toplistHome is the variable with Local Home. I got the error message
    > that ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted cannot be resolved.
    >
    > Please help.
    >

    > Moe wrote:
    >

    >>Vlado V. wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I am an novice in J2EE programming. I have started from BEA's medrec

    >>sample application
    >>
    >>>trying to build something mine. I want to count the number of rows

    >>in a table.
    >>
    >>>The finders cannot be used but ejbSelect. The problem is the next:
    >>>
    >>>1. How can I use ejbSelect()?

    >>Something like the following:
    >>/**
    >> * ejbgen:select
    >> * ejb-ql="SELECT COUNT(o.iD) FROM BEAN o"
    >> */
    >>public abstract int ejbSelectQueryTotalCount() throws FinderExcetion;
    >>

    >>>2. How am I supposed to define @ejbgen:select stanza?
    >>>3. How am I supposed to define abstract ejbSelect method in the EJB

    >>file containing
    >>
    >>>@ejbgen:select?

    >>Yes...
    >>

    >>>4. How am I supposed to call the previous ejbSelect method from my

    >>stateless session
    >>
    >>>bean?

    >>Expose in the home interface. Something like the following:
    >>/**
    >> * ejbgen:local-home
    >> */
    >>public int ejbHomeGetTotalCount() throws FinderException {
    >> return ejbSelectQueryTotalCount();
    >>}
    >>
    >>Best regards...

  5. Re: One more question for Moe

    Hi Moe,

    I defined ejbHome like:

    /**
    * @ejbgen:local-home-method
    */
    public long ejbHomeGetNumberOfToplisted(Long pWhoseProId) throws FinderException
    {
    return ejbSelectQueryNumberOfToplisted(pWhoseProId);
    }

    and got the result. Thank you very much for your help.

+ Reply to Thread