CMP and Oracle XMLType - Weblogic

This is a discussion on CMP and Oracle XMLType - Weblogic ; I have a table that contains an XMLType column and I'm wondering if CMP bean can be used to access and modify this table? I'm using Oracle 9i rel 2 and Weblogic 8.1....

  1. CMP and Oracle XMLType

    I have a table that contains an XMLType column and I'm wondering if CMP bean can be used to access and modify this table? I'm using Oracle 9i rel 2 and Weblogic 8.1.

  2. Re: CMP and Oracle XMLType

    In WebLogic8.1 with Oracle 9i database, XMLType is mapped to Java Clob data type.

    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jdbc...e.html#1056880

    Isto Nikula wrote:
    >I have a table that contains an XMLType column and I'm wondering if CMP
    >bean can be used to access and modify this table? I'm using Oracle 9i
    >rel 2 and Weblogic 8.1.

  3. Re: CMP and Oracle XMLType

    This doesn't really solve the probleam. As the doc in the link that you provided
    states "When the data from an XMLType column is retrieved as a Clob, the XMLType
    data cannot be updated using the Clob object". To me this seems that CMP cannot
    be used: the setter method will fail since clob insert is not possible for XMLType
    fields.

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote:

    >In WebLogic8.1 with Oracle 9i database, XMLType is mapped to Java Clob
    >data type.
    >
    >http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/jdbc...e.html#1056880
    >
    >Isto Nikula wrote:
    >>I have a table that contains an XMLType column and I'm wondering if

    >CMP
    >>bean can be used to access and modify this table? I'm using Oracle 9i
    >>rel 2 and Weblogic 8.1.

+ Reply to Thread