session facade.......or not - Weblogic

This is a discussion on session facade.......or not - Weblogic ; guys, i need to perform a read from the local ejb's ...and all my ejb's are defined local. i have a slsb as a facade to make this call. my questions is, do i really need a slsb ..session facade ...

  1. session facade.......or not

    guys,

    i need to perform a read from the local ejb's ...and all my ejb's are defined
    local.

    i have a slsb as a facade to make this call.

    my questions is, do i really need a slsb ..session facade ? why cant i just write
    a simple java class which gets called from the client..or jsps or whatever ...and
    this java class accesses all the ejb's on the server side as local objects...

  2. Re: session facade.......or not

    look into session facade and transactional implications...

    "ahura" wrote in message

    > guys,
    >
    > i need to perform a read from the local ejb's ...and all my ejb's are

    defined
    > local.
    >
    > i have a slsb as a facade to make this call.
    >
    > my questions is, do i really need a slsb ..session facade ? why cant i

    just write
    > a simple java class which gets called from the client..or jsps or whatever

    ....and
    > this java class accesses all the ejb's on the server side as local

    objects...

  3. Re: session facade.......or not

    its a "read" operation.. would i still need a session facade..
    why would one need transaction on a read operation ?

    "Carl" wrote:
    >look into session facade and transactional implications...
    >
    >"ahura" wrote in message
    >>
    >> guys,
    >>
    >> i need to perform a read from the local ejb's ...and all my ejb's are

    >defined
    >> local.
    >>
    >> i have a slsb as a facade to make this call.
    >>
    >> my questions is, do i really need a slsb ..session facade ? why cant

    >just write
    >> a simple java class which gets called from the client..or jsps or whatever

    >...and
    >> this java class accesses all the ejb's on the server side as local

    >objects...

  4. Re: session facade.......or not

    "ahura" wrote in message news:408fd55f@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > i need to perform a read from the local ejb's ...and all my ejb's are defined
    > local.
    >
    > i have a slsb as a facade to make this call.
    >
    > my questions is, do i really need a slsb ..session facade ? why cant i just write
    > a simple java class which gets called from the client..or jsps or whatever ...and
    > this java class accesses all the ejb's on the server side as local objects...

    A session facade encapsulates business logic and internal data structures
    from a caller. Normally it's a good idea to use session facade because of
    isolation of a caller from inners of the process. Even if today you have
    simple reads, in future it can change but callers will be using the same
    facade methods. Your code will be less volatile and less error prone.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

+ Reply to Thread