Database view and entity bean - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Database view and entity bean - Weblogic ; Hi, Can a database view (created from a table) be mapped into an Entity Bean? If yes, will the table-name tag hold the view name? I would appreciate any more information on this. Thanks, Sushil...

  1. Database view and entity bean

    Hi,

    Can a database view (created from a table) be mapped into an Entity
    Bean?
    If yes, will the table-name tag hold the view name? I would
    appreciate any more information on this.

    Thanks,
    Sushil

  2. Re: Database view and entity bean

    "Sushil Goel" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can a database view (created from a table) be mapped into an Entity
    > Bean?

    Yes...

    > If yes, will the table-name tag hold the view name? I would

    Yes...

    > appreciate any more information on this.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Sushil

  3. Re: Database view and entity bean

    Thanks Carl.
    Any best practices around use of views with CMP Entity Beans?

    -Sushil

    "Carl" wrote:

    >"Sushil Goel" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can a database view (created from a table) be mapped into an Entity
    >> Bean?

    >Yes...
    >
    >> If yes, will the table-name tag hold the view name? I would

    >Yes...
    >
    >> appreciate any more information on this.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Sushil

  4. Re: Database view and entity bean

    Few things to consider:
    * Don't expose the setter methods
    * Don't have any create methods

    Sushil Goel wrote:
    > Thanks Carl.
    > Any best practices around use of views with CMP Entity Beans?
    >
    > -Sushil
    >

    > "Carl" wrote:
    >
    >>"Sushil Goel" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Can a database view (created from a table) be mapped into an Entity
    >>>Bean?

    >>Yes...
    >>

    >>>If yes, will the table-name tag hold the view name? I would

    >>Yes...
    >>

    >>>appreciate any more information on this.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>Sushil

+ Reply to Thread