DTD of the deployment descriptor - Weblogic

This is a discussion on DTD of the deployment descriptor - Weblogic ; Hi, I am experience a strange problem of deploying applicaton on WebLogic 6.1. Currently my application point of URL of java.sun.com for DTD of deployment descriptor. But 2 days ago java.sun.com was down, it made my application can't be deployed. ...

  1. DTD of the deployment descriptor

    Hi,

    I am experience a strange problem of deploying applicaton on WebLogic 6.1.

    Currently my application point of URL of java.sun.com for DTD of deployment descriptor.
    But 2 days ago java.sun.com was down, it made my application can't be deployed.
    I kept getting NoRouteToHostException. Once java.sun.com was up, everything was
    back to normal.

    My guess is WebLogic server is trying to load DTD from java.sun.com. Is there
    are anyway to let weblogic server to load the DTD locally?

    I know I can load the DTD to local and change the deployment descriptor to point
    local. But I don't think that's a good idea. I believe there is someway to configure
    WebLogic server to load it locally.

    Any idea?

    Thanks,
    Rocky

  2. Re: DTD of the deployment descriptor

    Set the SYSTEM url of DOCTYPE to a file:// url.

    "Rocky Huang" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am experience a strange problem of deploying applicaton on WebLogic
    >6.1.
    >
    >Currently my application point of URL of java.sun.com for DTD of deployment
    >descriptor.
    >But 2 days ago java.sun.com was down, it made my application can't be
    >deployed.
    >I kept getting NoRouteToHostException. Once java.sun.com was up, everything
    >was
    >back to normal.
    >
    >My guess is WebLogic server is trying to load DTD from java.sun.com.
    >Is there
    >are anyway to let weblogic server to load the DTD locally?
    >
    >I know I can load the DTD to local and change the deployment descriptor
    >to point
    >local. But I don't think that's a good idea. I believe there is someway
    >to configure
    >WebLogic server to load it locally.
    >
    >Any idea?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Rocky

  3. Re: DTD of the deployment descriptor

    We should always be loading the DTD locally, if it looks like that's not the
    case,
    please file a bug report with support@bea.com.

    Seth

    "Rocky Huang" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am experience a strange problem of deploying applicaton on WebLogic 6.1.
    >
    > Currently my application point of URL of java.sun.com for DTD of

    deployment descriptor.
    > But 2 days ago java.sun.com was down, it made my application can't be

    deployed.
    > I kept getting NoRouteToHostException. Once java.sun.com was up,

    everything was
    > back to normal.
    >
    > My guess is WebLogic server is trying to load DTD from java.sun.com. Is

    there
    > are anyway to let weblogic server to load the DTD locally?
    >
    > I know I can load the DTD to local and change the deployment descriptor to

    point
    > local. But I don't think that's a good idea. I believe there is someway to

    configure
    > WebLogic server to load it locally.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > Thanks,