Optimistic Locking in CMP 2.0 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Optimistic Locking in CMP 2.0 - Weblogic ; whats the best ( performance ) way of achieving optimistic locking with cmp 2.0. anyone willing to share experiences... thanks...

  1. Optimistic Locking in CMP 2.0

    whats the best ( performance ) way of achieving optimistic locking with cmp 2.0.

    anyone willing to share experiences...

    thanks

  2. Re: Optimistic Locking in CMP 2.0

    Sure... we have implemented optimistic locking using version id...

    "java guy" wrote in message

    > whats the best ( performance ) way of achieving optimistic locking with

    cmp 2.0.

    > anyone willing to share experiences...
    >
    > thanks

  3. Re: Optimistic Locking in CMP 2.0

    cool...

    i know that weblogic will take care of the version field, and i guess it automatically
    increments it when needed ..right ? does it increment it multi folds, or by just
    one each time ? it matters since some of the other systems depend on the version
    field.

    how about external database changes (like thru sql) ? does the server catch those
    too ?

    thanks

    "Carl" wrote:
    >Sure... we have implemented optimistic locking using version id...
    >
    >"java guy" wrote in message
    >>
    >> whats the best ( performance ) way of achieving optimistic locking

    >with
    >cmp 2.0.
    >>
    >> anyone willing to share experiences...
    >>
    >> thanks

  4. Re: Optimistic Locking in CMP 2.0

    "java guy" wrote in message

    > cool...
    >
    > i know that weblogic will take care of the version field, and i guess it

    automatically
    > increments it when needed ..right ? does it increment it multi folds, or

    by just

    Yes... The server will implement the version id field.

    > one each time ? it matters since some of the other systems depend on the

    version
    > field.

    My guess is that version is incremented one at a time for each transaction.

    > how about external database changes (like thru sql) ? does the server

    catch those
    > too ?

    No! The external database changes will have to play by the same rules.
    They will have to include version id updates as well as in where clause in
    their sql.

    If external updates are a big issue consider looking into not using
    optimistic, but delegating that to database. Then, you can use triggers...

    > thanks
    >

    > "Carl" wrote:
    > >Sure... we have implemented optimistic locking using version id...
    > >
    > >"java guy" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> whats the best ( performance ) way of achieving optimistic locking

    > >with
    > >cmp 2.0.
    > >>
    > >> anyone willing to share experiences...
    > >>
    > >> thanks