java.util.Set in finder is giving error.. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on java.util.Set in finder is giving error.. - Weblogic ; Hi I have 2 beans...ORDER and Subscription.. and when I write the following finder a finder query.. SELECT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b WHERE a.id = b.orderID AND b.san = ?1 and the return type of this ...

  1. java.util.Set in finder is giving error..

    Hi I have 2 beans...ORDER and Subscription..
    and when I write the following finder a finder query..

    SELECT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b WHERE a.id = b.orderID
    AND b.san = ?1

    and the return type of this finder method is Set (java.util.Set).
    When I compile Weblogic complains java.util.set is not supported.
    Here I dont have CMR relations between..two table..

    Now If I put DISTINCT it is giving compilation error Invalid data Type..

    SELECT DISTINCT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b WHERE a.id
    = b.orderID AND b.san = ?1

    Is there any restriction over the usage of java.util.set or DISTINCT

  2. Re: java.util.Set in finder is giving error..

    In CMP 2.0 java.util.Collection is the only collection type supported for multi-entity
    finder methods. EJB 1.1 CMP and EJB 2.0 BMP also supports java.util.Enumeration.

    thanks,
    Deepak

    "Perianayagam.T" wrote:

    >Hi I have 2 beans...ORDER and Subscription..
    >and when I write the following finder a finder query..
    >

    >SELECT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b WHERE a.id
    >= b.orderID
    >AND b.san = ?1
    >
    >and the return type of this finder method is Set (java.util.Set).
    >When I compile Weblogic complains java.util.set is not supported.
    > Here I dont have CMR relations between..two table..
    >
    >Now If I put DISTINCT it is giving compilation error Invalid data Type..
    >
    >SELECT DISTINCT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b
    >WHERE a.id
    >= b.orderID AND b.san = ?1
    >
    >Is there any restriction over the usage of java.util.set or DISTINCT

  3. Re: java.util.Set in finder is giving error..

    Thanks but y DISTINCT is also not working..

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote:

    >In CMP 2.0 java.util.Collection is the only collection type supported
    >for multi-entity
    >finder methods. EJB 1.1 CMP and EJB 2.0 BMP also supports java.util.Enumeration.
    >
    >thanks,
    >Deepak
    >

    >"Perianayagam.T" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi I have 2 beans...ORDER and Subscription..
    >>and when I write the following finder a finder query..
    >>

    >>SELECT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b WHERE a.id
    >>= b.orderID
    >>AND b.san = ?1
    >>
    >>and the return type of this finder method is Set (java.util.Set).
    >>When I compile Weblogic complains java.util.set is not supported.
    >> Here I dont have CMR relations between..two table..
    >>
    >>Now If I put DISTINCT it is giving compilation error Invalid data Type..
    >>
    >>SELECT DISTINCT OBJECT(a) FROM OrderBean AS a, SubscriptionBean AS b
    >>WHERE a.id
    >>= b.orderID AND b.san = ?1
    >>
    >>Is there any restriction over the usage of java.util.set or DISTINCT

+ Reply to Thread