Could not get java.sql.Clob to write to exception - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Could not get java.sql.Clob to write to exception - Weblogic ; I am using Weblogic enity with CMP. I am using Oracle9i. I have a database column of CLOB. The CMP bean column is defined as a String using OracleClob weblogic type. I have two test programs that write and read ...

  1. Could not get java.sql.Clob to write to exception

    I am using Weblogic enity with CMP. I am using Oracle9i. I have a database column
    of CLOB. The CMP bean column is defined as a String using OracleClob weblogic
    type.
    I have two test programs that write and read into the Clob fine. Yet there is
    another
    piece of code that I can't figure out why causes an SQLException "Could not get
    java.sql.Clob" to write to.

    Has anyone seen this? What is the cause?

    Thanks,

    Juan

  2. Re: Could not get java.sql.Clob to write to exception

    Hi Juan,

    Could you post a full stack trace for the error?

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

    "Juan Ardura" wrote in message news:3f660659$1@newsgroups.bea.com...

    > By the way, I am using Weblogic 7.0.2.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone thinks that this problem has to do with two threads
    > trying to
    > access the same entity bean. I am using a transactional data source.
    >
    > "Juan Ardura" wrote:
    > >
    > >I am using Weblogic enity with CMP. I am using Oracle9i. I have a database
    > >column
    > >of CLOB. The CMP bean column is defined as a String using OracleClob
    > >weblogic
    > >type.
    > >I have two test programs that write and read into the Clob fine. Yet
    > >there is
    > >another
    > >piece of code that I can't figure out why causes an SQLException "Could
    > >not get
    > >java.sql.Clob" to write to.
    > >
    > >Has anyone seen this? What is the cause?
    > >
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >Juan

+ Reply to Thread