CMP 1.1 and CLOBs - Weblogic

This is a discussion on CMP 1.1 and CLOBs - Weblogic ; Hi all, I want to store a Clob in an EntityEJB using CMP 1.1. Unfortunately, the tag in the weblogic-rdbms descriptor is allowed only with CMP 2.0, so I can't simply use that one. Then I tried writing the Clob ...

  1. CMP 1.1 and CLOBs

    Hi all,

    I want to store a Clob in an EntityEJB using CMP 1.1. Unfortunately, the tag in
    the weblogic-rdbms descriptor is allowed only with CMP 2.0, so I can't simply use that one.

    Then I tried writing the Clob data in ejbPostCreate(), but when I retrieve the Clob using JDBC, I
    get back a null value from ResultSet.getClob().

    What can I do to get a the Clob object in ejbPostCreate()?

    Thanks for any hints,
    Jörg.

  2. Re: CMP 1.1 and CLOBs

    Writing CLOBs on Oracle is pretty tricky. Can you post the code that you are
    using to write one to the database?

    Sam

    Jörg von Frantzius wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to store a Clob in an EntityEJB using CMP 1.1. Unfortunately, the
    > tag in the weblogic-rdbms descriptor is allowed only
    > with CMP 2.0, so I can't simply use that one.
    >
    > Then I tried writing the Clob data in ejbPostCreate(), but when I
    > retrieve the Clob using JDBC, I get back a null value from
    > ResultSet.getClob().
    >
    > What can I do to get a the Clob object in ejbPostCreate()?
    >
    > Thanks for any hints,
    > Jörg.

+ Reply to Thread