Hi,

I had a config problem recently where I couldn't use jDriver in any connection
pools and was getting the following error:

LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
Error encountered:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating

and all that.

I had a look around the web and it seemed a lot of people had the problem but
there were few answers. So I managed to fix mine and thought I'd share my solution.
This is what worked for me:

1) Upgraded my Oracle client to 8.1.7

2) Added a registry entry :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE/
Name=TNS_ADMIN, value=c:\ora8i\network\admin
(rebooted :-)

3) Ensure the TNSNames entry was correct in tnsnames.ora

4) Set WL path to ./bin/oci817_8

5) (GOTCHA) changed the service name in config.xml to include the .world at the
end!

And it worked!

Hope this is of use to others..

James