ConnectionManager has already been shut down - Weblogic

This is a discussion on ConnectionManager has already been shut down - Weblogic ; Hi All, Has anyone ever seen this "ConnectionManager has already been shut down" exception? We are running WLS 6.1 SP4 on Linux and after a few days of running the server can no longer run any EJB due to it. ...

  1. ConnectionManager has already been shut down

    Hi All,

    Has anyone ever seen this "ConnectionManager has already been shut down"
    exception? We are running WLS 6.1 SP4 on Linux and after a few days of
    running the server can no longer run any EJB due to it. Any idea how to
    fix it?

    Regards,
    Lynch

    ####
    em> <> <000000>
    java.rmi.ConnectException: The connection manager to ConnectionManager for:
    'weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl@689caf - id: '-23772
    28965062266600S:192.168.1.15:[11601,11601,11602,11602,11601,11602,-1]:truete
    l:sleeweb01' connect time: 'Mon Jun 28 14:48
    :43 CST 2004'' has already been shut down
    at
    weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.getOutputStream(Co nnectionManager.java:1349)
    at
    weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getMsgAbbrevOut putStream(MsgAbbrevInputSt
    ream.java:92)
    at
    weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getOutboundResp onse(MsgAbbrevInputStream.
    java:303)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.postInvoke(Ba sicServerRef.java:380)
    at
    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest (BasicServerRef.java:279)
    at
    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute( BasicExecuteRequest.java:2
    2)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:139)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:120)

  2. Re: ConnectionManager has already been shut down

    you should contact support@bea.com and mention CR093828 - your problem looks
    similar but they have to verify it before they can say its the same issue .
    Support will be able to get you more info or a patch. Ensure that you tell
    them what other patches have been applied as I see a line number miss match
    in the stack trace.

    /
    sree

    "Lynch" wrote in message news:40e25d42$1@mktnews1...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Has anyone ever seen this "ConnectionManager has already been shut down"
    > exception? We are running WLS 6.1 SP4 on Linux and after a few days of
    > running the server can no longer run any EJB due to it. Any idea how to
    > fix it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Lynch
    >
    > ####
    > > em> <> <000000>
    > java.rmi.ConnectException: The connection manager to ConnectionManager

    for:
    > 'weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl@689caf - id: '-23772

    28965062266600S:192.168.1.15:[11601,11601,11602,11602,11601,11602,-1]:truete
    > l:sleeweb01' connect time: 'Mon Jun 28 14:48
    > :43 CST 2004'' has already been shut down
    > at

    weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.getOutputStream(Co nnectionManager.java:1349)
    > at

    weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getMsgAbbrevOut putStream(MsgAbbrevInputSt
    > ream.java:92)
    > at

    weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getOutboundResp onse(MsgAbbrevInputStream.
    > java:303)
    > at

    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.postInvoke(Ba sicServerRef.java:380)
    > at

    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest (BasicServerRef.java:279)
    > at

    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute( BasicExecuteRequest.java:2
    > 2)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:139)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:120)

  3. Re: ConnectionManager has already been shut down

    Hi Sree,

    Thanks for your advice and so far the the patch from BEA works, althogh
    I think we have to do some more testing to verify it.

    And could you please be more specific on "other patches have been applied
    as I see a line number miss match in the stack trace"? I did not see from
    the
    stack trace that our previous patches are covered.

    Thanks,
    Lynch

    > you should contact support@bea.com and mention CR093828 - your problem

    looks
    > similar but they have to verify it before they can say its the same issue

    ..
    > Support will be able to get you more info or a patch. Ensure that you tell
    > them what other patches have been applied as I see a line number miss

    match
    > in the stack trace.
    >
    > /
    > sree
    >
    > "Lynch" wrote in message news:40e25d42$1@mktnews1...
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > Has anyone ever seen this "ConnectionManager has already been shut down"
    > > exception? We are running WLS 6.1 SP4 on Linux and after a few days of
    > > running the server can no longer run any EJB due to it. Any idea how to
    > > fix it?
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Lynch
    > >
    > > ####
    > > java.rmi.ConnectException: The connection manager to ConnectionManager

    > for:
    > > 'weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl@689caf - id: '-23772

    28965062266600S:192.168.1.15:[11601,11601,11602,11602,11601,11602,-1]:truete
    > > l:sleeweb01' connect time: 'Mon Jun 28 14:48
    > > :43 CST 2004'' has already been shut down
    > > at

    weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.getOutputStream(Co nnectionManager.java:1349)
    > > at

    weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getMsgAbbrevOut putStream(MsgAbbrevInputSt
    > > ream.java:92)
    > > at

    weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getOutboundResp onse(MsgAbbrevInputStream.
    > > java:303)
    > > at

    > weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.postInvoke(Ba sicServerRef.java:380)
    > > at

    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest (BasicServerRef.java:279)
    > > at

    weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute( BasicExecuteRequest.java:2
    > > 2)
    > > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:139)
    > > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:120)

+ Reply to Thread