Statefull Ejb do not reolicated on cluster - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Statefull Ejb do not reolicated on cluster - Weblogic ; Hi: I had deployed a statefull EJB on a cluster on Weblogic 8.1 sp2(with 2 managed servers, server1 and server2), when I create the ejb, I save the EJB handle to use it later, and when I am trying to ...

  1. Statefull Ejb do not reolicated on cluster

    Hi:

    I had deployed a statefull EJB on a cluster on Weblogic 8.1 sp2(with 2 managed
    servers, server1 and server2),
    when I create the ejb, I save the EJB handle to use it later, and when I am trying
    to use it again,
    sometimes does not work, the container throws a ClasCastingException, I am logging
    in the ejb methods to trace EJB,
    and I have seen what this happening when the ejb is trying to run in the server
    that was not created,
    so I think it is problem of ejb replication.

    I had modified my ejb descriptors but still it does not work, could anybody help
    me.

    This is my ejb-jar.xml descriptor

    '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN'
    'http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>

    Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStoreHome
    mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStore
    mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStoreBean
    Stateful
    Container

    Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    *

    Required

    And this is my weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

    'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>

    Cion-Paginator-Ejb

    True
    round-robin
    InMemory

    True
    component.session.SessionStore

    Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    *

  2. Re: Statefull Ejb do not reolicated on cluster

    Does the problem only happen when one of the managed servers is down?

    Seth

    "Alberto" wrote in message news:40d8ae2e$1@mktnews1...

    > Hi:
    >
    > I had deployed a statefull EJB on a cluster on Weblogic 8.1 sp2(with 2

    managed
    > servers, server1 and server2),
    > when I create the ejb, I save the EJB handle to use it later, and when I

    am trying
    > to use it again,
    > sometimes does not work, the container throws a ClasCastingException, I am

    logging
    > in the ejb methods to trace EJB,
    > and I have seen what this happening when the ejb is trying to run in the

    server
    > that was not created,
    > so I think it is problem of ejb replication.
    >
    > I had modified my ejb descriptors but still it does not work, could

    anybody help
    > me.
    >
    > This is my ejb-jar.xml descriptor
    >

    > > '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN'
    > 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >

    > Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    > mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStoreHome
    > mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStore

    mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStoreBean
    > Stateful
    > Container
    >

    > Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    > *
    >

    > Required
    >

    > And this is my weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

    8.1.0 EJB//EN'
    > 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>
    >

    > Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    >

    > True
    > round-robin
    > InMemory
    >

    > True
    > component.session.SessionStore
    >

    > Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    > *

  3. Re: Statefull Ejb do not reolicated on cluster

    No, it happens always, I create the statefull EJB and I save the EJB handle in
    my session, when I use it later, I noted that sometimes answer the server1 and
    others the server2, but only works when answer the server in which the ejb was
    created, with out down the server.

    If I create the ejb and I down the server in which was created, and I try to
    use it with the handle, the server throws a ClassCasting Exception.

    "Seth White" wrote:
    >Does the problem only happen when one of the managed servers is down?
    >
    >Seth
    >
    >"Alberto" wrote in message news:40d8ae2e$1@mktnews1...
    >>
    >> Hi:
    >>
    >> I had deployed a statefull EJB on a cluster on Weblogic 8.1 sp2(with

    >2
    >managed
    >> servers, server1 and server2),
    >> when I create the ejb, I save the EJB handle to use it later, and when

    >am trying
    >> to use it again,
    >> sometimes does not work, the container throws a ClasCastingException,

    >I am
    >logging
    >> in the ejb methods to trace EJB,
    >> and I have seen what this happening when the ejb is trying to run in

    >the
    >server
    >> that was not created,
    >> so I think it is problem of ejb replication.
    >>
    >> I had modified my ejb descriptors but still it does not work, could

    >anybody help
    >> me.
    >>
    >> This is my ejb-jar.xml descriptor

    >> 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>
    >>

    >> Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    >> mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStoreHome
    >> mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStore
    >>

    >mx.com.cion.component.session.SessionStoreBean
    >> Stateful
    >> Container
    >>

    >> Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    >> *
    >>

    >> Required
    >>

    >> And this is my weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
    >>

    >8.1.0 EJB//EN'
    >> 'http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd'>
    >>

    >> Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    >>

    >> True
    >> round-robin
    >> InMemory
    >>

    >> True
    >> component.session.SessionStore
    >>

    >> Cion-Paginator-Ejb
    >> *

  4. Re: Statefull Ejb do not reolicated on cluster

    This sounds like a bug. Have you opened a support case?