Slow marshelling for list of DTO as parameter of a session bean remotecall. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Slow marshelling for list of DTO as parameter of a session bean remotecall. - Weblogic ; Hi ! I don't know if it's a configuration problem, but it's extremly slow when i call a remote method passing a list with for example 1000 DTO object as parameter. (10-30 seconds) It's not network latency because I'm running ...

  1. Slow marshelling for list of DTO as parameter of a session bean remotecall.

    Hi !

    I don't know if it's a configuration problem, but it's extremly slow when i
    call a remote method passing a list with for example 1000 DTO object as
    parameter. (10-30 seconds)

    It's not network latency because I'm running the server on the same machine
    as the client. And a method call that would return this list takes a few
    milliseconds.

    I did a test by only calling a session bean method with the list of DTOs as
    parameter and the method does nothing with the list and it's very long. So it's
    not inside my code. It's really something with the marshalling or something like
    that. How come it's fast to return the list, but slow to send to the server ?

    I'm using Weblogic 8.1 SP2, is there any setting to speed up the process ?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Slow marshelling for list of DTO as parameter of a session bean remote call.

    wrote in message news:40cf3bc6$1@mktnews1...
    > I don't know if it's a configuration problem, but it's extremly slow when i
    > call a remote method passing a list with for example 1000 DTO object as
    > parameter. (10-30 seconds)

    What it the content of these DTOs?

    Can you write the list to file (serialize) using writeObject method of the list?

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

  3. Re: Slow marshelling for list of DTO as parameter of a session beanremote call.

    After further testing in different environnement, I found out it's slow when I
    made the call from within Tomcat 4.x to Weblogic, and Tomcat using the
    wlclient.jar in the app classpath... I stripped the servlet stuff from
    weblogic.jar and added it to the classpath of my web application in tomcat and
    now it's fast both ways to get and set the list to weblogic.

    What is strange is then I tried to code a stand-alone client and use the
    wlclient.jar and it's still fast both ways. There's must something within Tomcat
    that is weird. Oh well it's working with a stripped weblogic.jar. good enough,
    especially since we're set up like that for web devellopers only.

    If anyone knows what the problem is, I'm still curious.

    Thank You.

    Slava Imeshev wrote:
    > wrote in message news:40cf3bc6$1@mktnews1...
    >
    >> I don't know if it's a configuration problem, but it's extremly slow when i
    >>call a remote method passing a list with for example 1000 DTO object as
    >>parameter. (10-30 seconds)

    > What it the content of these DTOs?
    >
    > Can you write the list to file (serialize) using writeObject method of the list?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Slava Imeshev

  4. Re: Slow marshelling for list of DTO as parameter of a session beanremote call.

    FlyingElvi@hotmail.com writes:

    The were performance enhancements made to both 8.1SP2 and J2SE
    1.4.2_04 to support this scenario. Make sure you are using those
    versions if you are able.

    andy

    > After further testing in different environnement, I found out it's
    > slow when I made the call from within Tomcat 4.x to Weblogic, and
    > Tomcat using the wlclient.jar in the app classpath... I stripped the
    > servlet stuff from weblogic.jar and added it to the classpath of my
    > web application in tomcat and now it's fast both ways to get and set
    > the list to weblogic.
    >
    > What is strange is then I tried to code a stand-alone client and use
    > the wlclient.jar and it's still fast both ways. There's must something
    > within Tomcat that is weird. Oh well it's working with a stripped
    > weblogic.jar. good enough, especially since we're set up like that for
    > web devellopers only.
    >
    > If anyone knows what the problem is, I'm still curious.
    >
    > Thank You.
    >
    > Slava Imeshev wrote:
    >> wrote in message news:40cf3bc6$1@mktnews1...
    >>
    >>> I don't know if it's a configuration problem, but it's extremly slow when i
    >>>call a remote method passing a list with for example 1000 DTO object as
    >>>parameter. (10-30 seconds)

    >> What it the content of these DTOs?
    >> Can you write the list to file (serialize) using writeObject method
    >> of the list?
    >> Regards,
    >> Slava Imeshev

+ Reply to Thread