How to access external jars from ejb jars - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How to access external jars from ejb jars - Weblogic ; All, This is my first visit/post to this group. What I'd like to know is how an external jar file with common, shared classes can be access by a session bean in an ejbc'd jar. I'm running WLS 6.1 and ...

  1. How to access external jars from ejb jars

    All,

    This is my first visit/post to this group. What I'd like to know is how
    an external jar file with common, shared classes can be access by a
    session bean in an ejbc'd jar. I'm running WLS 6.1 and have some DAO
    and other classes in a common.jar that I'd like all my ejbc'd jars to
    have access to. Any help would be appreciated!

    -Keith

  2. Re: How to access external jars from ejb jars

    Look into making a Classpath entry into the jar manifest file...

    "Keith" wrote in message
    > All,
    >
    > This is my first visit/post to this group. What I'd like to know is how
    > an external jar file with common, shared classes can be access by a
    > session bean in an ejbc'd jar. I'm running WLS 6.1 and have some DAO
    > and other classes in a common.jar that I'd like all my ejbc'd jars to
    > have access to. Any help would be appreciated!
    >
    > -Keith

  3. Re: How to access external jars from ejb jars

    Keith,

    "Keith" wrote in message news:403E5DE0.DE1433D3@yahoo.com...
    > This is my first visit/post to this group. What I'd like to know is how
    > an external jar file with common, shared classes can be access by a
    > session bean in an ejbc'd jar. I'm running WLS 6.1 and have some DAO
    > and other classes in a common.jar that I'd like all my ejbc'd jars to
    > have access to. Any help would be appreciated!

    I'd recommend packaging your application as an EAR - than your
    ejbjars will have access to utility jars.

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

  4. Re: How to access external jars from ejb jars

    pecify the jar files in the manifest classpath of the ejb jar from which a reference
    is made to another jar file.

    thanks,
    Deepak

    Keith wrote:
    >All,
    >
    >This is my first visit/post to this group. What I'd like to know is
    >how
    >an external jar file with common, shared classes can be access by a
    >session bean in an ejbc'd jar. I'm running WLS 6.1 and have some DAO
    >and other classes in a common.jar that I'd like all my ejbc'd jars to
    >have access to. Any help would be appreciated!
    >
    >-Keith

+ Reply to Thread