java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - Weblogic

This is a discussion on java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - Weblogic ; All, We are facing a problem in the web application that is deployed as war file. The war file contains another jar file within it. When a class A in the war file is trying to instantiate (reference) the class ...

  1. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

    All,

    We are facing a problem in the web application that is deployed as war file.

    The war file contains another jar file within it.

    When a class A in the war file is trying to instantiate (reference) the class
    B in the jar file it is getting the above noted error.

    Did any one of you get this error before? Can you let me know if there is a gotcha?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Sree/-

  2. Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

    Typically the problem is you have a class in a parent classloader that
    references something that's only available in a child loader. If you
    search this newsgroup for NoClassDefFoundError you should get plenty of
    hits.

    I suspect some of the classes in the jar file are in the $CLASSPATH. If
    so, remove them.

    -- Rob

    Sreenivasa Chadalavada wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > We are facing a problem in the web application that is deployed as war file.
    >
    > The war file contains another jar file within it.
    >
    > When a class A in the war file is trying to instantiate (reference) the class
    > B in the jar file it is getting the above noted error.
    >
    > Did any one of you get this error before? Can you let me know if there is a gotcha?
    >
    > Thanks and Regards,
    > Sree/-

+ Reply to Thread