I have an application deployed in WLS6.1 as a single ear file.

Inside the ear are a few war files and a jar file containing support
classes. The application uses servlets, etc. but not EJBs.

I am now trying to add an MDB to this application. I have created my
MDB, packaged as a jar and added to the ear file.

I have updated the application.xml as follows:

-
-
resources/images/app16.gif
resources/images/ap32.gif

APP
APP
-
-
app1.war
/app1

-
-
app2.war
/app2

-
mdb.jar

-
utility.jar

The problem is that on loading my MDB (which references classes in
utility.jar) Java fails to "find" the classes.

If I comment out the references from the MDB everything works OK.
Equally if I place utility.jar on the classpath all works properly.

So, it is a class loading problem I guess - the trouble is I thought
that the ejb jar and other jars would all be handled by the ear class
loader.

If anyone can set me straight and also suggest how I should package
this to work I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Ed