File Manipulation in an EJB - Weblogic

This is a discussion on File Manipulation in an EJB - Weblogic ; I am trying to write an application that needs to do some manipulation of files. I thought about using an EJB and T3File, but it has been deprecated. The documentation suggests: "BEA recommends that you develop a customized, stateless EJB ...

  1. File Manipulation in an EJB

    I am trying to write an application that needs to do some manipulation of files. I thought about using an EJB and T3File, but it has been deprecated. The documentation suggests: "BEA recommends that you develop a customized, stateless EJB to service these requests." Now since java.io is not recommended for use in an EJB, what else do I use? Any assistance would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: File Manipulation in an EJB

    Found a solution.

    Talked to my BEA technical rep. He recommended using a file event generator with
    WebLogic Integration. I'm proceeding along that line.

    Scott Person wrote:
    >I am trying to write an application that needs to do some manipulation
    >of files. I thought about using an EJB and T3File, but it has been
    >deprecated. The documentation suggests: "BEA recommends that you develop
    >a customized, stateless EJB to service these requests." Now since java.io
    >is not recommended for use in an EJB, what else do I use? Any assistance
    >would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread