RE: Re: Locking stratergy of an Entity Bean in absence of transaction - Weblogic

This is a discussion on RE: Re: Locking stratergy of an Entity Bean in absence of transaction - Weblogic ; Agreed. In my case we are using webogic 4.5.1. However, assuming weblogic used Pessimistic locking, Is there some way it can be tweaked? (say to Optimistic locking), might be change some Transaction attribute in Deployment descriptor ? Some way?...

  1. RE: Re: Locking stratergy of an Entity Bean in absence of transaction

    Agreed. In my case we are using webogic 4.5.1. However, assuming weblogic used Pessimistic locking, Is there some way it can be tweaked? (say to Optimistic locking), might be change some Transaction attribute in Deployment descriptor ?
    Some way?

  2. RE: Re: Locking stratergy of an Entity Bean in absence of transaction

    Hi,
    Adding some more details:
    To add:
    The deployment descriptor provides option to mention the "isolationLevel" . Might
    be I have not understood/interpreted this correctly , If weblogic 4.5.1 uses only
    Exclusive locking, then what is the use of mentioning isolation level ? Or might
    be what this means is :
    Generally weblogic uses mentioned transaction isolation level. Howver, its in
    case of concurrent users ONLY it uses pessimistic approach. i.e. say Given two
    users accessing the same row (say company based on company_id : we use a separate
    primary key class), only one will be allowed to commit at a time, the row would
    be exclusively locked by the first user.

    Does custom primary key has anything to do with performance or bean locking?

    Thanks a lot in advance for answering.

    Regards,
    Nilesh.

    Nilesh wrote:
    >Agreed. In my case we are using webogic 4.5.1. However, assuming weblogic
    >used Pessimistic locking, Is there some way it can be tweaked? (say
    >to Optimistic locking), might be change some Transaction attribute in
    >Deployment descriptor ?
    >Some way?

+ Reply to Thread