Session Bean locks up WL when create JMS Queue producer - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Session Bean locks up WL when create JMS Queue producer - Weblogic ; I have a web service that has a stateless session bean method as an endpoint. When the web service is called, the container creates the session bean, calling the ejbCreate() method. Inside this method I create a JMS producer that ...

  1. Session Bean locks up WL when create JMS Queue producer

    I have a web service that has a stateless session bean method as an endpoint.
    When the web service is called, the container creates the session bean, calling
    the ejbCreate() method. Inside this method I create a JMS producer that is used
    to place the request onto a point-to-point queue, using a foreign queue provider,
    the WebSphere MQ product. When the queue producer is created WL server locks
    up, and sometimes the HotSpot VM crashes.

    The foreign queue provider admin objects are created in a startup class, and the
    MQ jars are in the CLASSPATH. I have used MQ as a MDB source in this same environment,
    so I know that messages can be consumed by an MDB.

    The Queue Producer has been abstracted in a class where it takes the JNDI names
    for the admin objects for connecting to the queue to produce messages on. I have
    successfully tested this class outside of the WL environment in a stand alone
    application.

    I verified that the JNDI entries have been successfully created by looking at
    the JNDI tree for the WL server.

    I am using WL 7.0p2.

    If you have any suggestions about what might be the problem please let me know.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Session Bean locks up WL when create JMS Queue producer

    OK, so I diagnosed the problem. I got lucky and finally got some more meaningful
    error messages. WL 7.0sp2 is running out of memory.

    I'm using a Web Service with a Stateless Session Bean (SSB) as the endpoint.
    The SSB makes a connection to the queue as a producer.

    I increased the memory settings for the JVM and actually made about 7 web service
    calls. Then HotSpot crashed just like before.

    I recall when I first started working on Web Services a few months ago that I
    had a similar problem.

    Is it a known bug that Web Services has a major memory leak?

    I'm going to test my theory by calling the SSB directly, bypassing the web service.
    I'll let you know what I find.

    "JD" wrote:

    >I have a web service that has a stateless session bean method as an endpoint.
    >
    >When the web service is called, the container creates the session bean,
    >calling
    >the ejbCreate() method. Inside this method I create a JMS producer that
    >is used
    >to place the request onto a point-to-point queue, using a foreign queue
    >provider,
    >the WebSphere MQ product. When the queue producer is created WL server
    >locks
    >up, and sometimes the HotSpot VM crashes.
    >
    >The foreign queue provider admin objects are created in a startup class,
    >and the
    >MQ jars are in the CLASSPATH. I have used MQ as a MDB source in this
    >same environment,
    >so I know that messages can be consumed by an MDB.
    >
    >The Queue Producer has been abstracted in a class where it takes the
    >JNDI names
    >for the admin objects for connecting to the queue to produce messages
    >on. I have
    >successfully tested this class outside of the WL environment in a stand
    >alone
    >application.
    >
    >I verified that the JNDI entries have been successfully created by looking
    >at
    >the JNDI tree for the WL server.
    >
    >I am using WL 7.0p2.
    >
    >If you have any suggestions about what might be the problem please let
    >me know.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread