max-beans-in-cache setting for CMP Entity Bean - Weblogic

This is a discussion on max-beans-in-cache setting for CMP Entity Bean - Weblogic ; Hi, What would be the best setting for the following scenario (all WLS 8.1): - there is a web based application where a customer logs in to update customer data - the web-app uses An CMP Entity Bean associated with ...

  1. max-beans-in-cache setting for CMP Entity Bean

    Hi,

    What would be the best setting for the following scenario (all WLS 8.1):
    - there is a web based application where a customer logs in to update customer
    data
    - the web-app uses An CMP Entity Bean associated with that customer record (the
    EJB is on a separate separate WLS cluster)
    - the user submits updates through 7-8 web forms of updates, and on each page,
    an EJB is found (or created if not found) and updated. On the final web form,
    the EJB is updated and also removed.

    So my question is: would it be best to set max-beans-in-cache=1? I'm not clear
    if more beans (with same PK) in the cache is going to help in such a scenario
    when each end user is identified with a separate PK EJB.

    Also, with the EJB clustered on 4 servers (home-is-clusterable=true), is that
    something that should be considered to determine the value for max-beans-in-cache?
    Is the cache distributed over the cluster?

    Thanks,
    Murtaza.

  2. Re: max-beans-in-cache setting for CMP Entity Bean

    My understanding is that max-beans-in-cache is total number of beans of this
    type. I wouldn't set it to 1... Start with the default value of 1000,
    monitor the application, and adjust appropriately.

    Also, I don't think the cache is distributed over the cluster...

    "Murtaza Sonaseth" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > What would be the best setting for the following scenario (all WLS 8.1):
    > - there is a web based application where a customer logs in to update

    customer
    > data
    > - the web-app uses An CMP Entity Bean associated with that customer record

    (the
    > EJB is on a separate separate WLS cluster)
    > - the user submits updates through 7-8 web forms of updates, and on each

    page,
    > an EJB is found (or created if not found) and updated. On the final web

    form,
    > the EJB is updated and also removed.
    >
    > So my question is: would it be best to set max-beans-in-cache=1? I'm not

    clear
    > if more beans (with same PK) in the cache is going to help in such a

    scenario
    > when each end user is identified with a separate PK EJB.
    >
    > Also, with the EJB clustered on 4 servers (home-is-clusterable=true), is

    that
    > something that should be considered to determine the value for

    max-beans-in-cache?
    > Is the cache distributed over the cluster?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murtaza.

+ Reply to Thread