URGENT: Failed to parse descriptor file - Weblogic

This is a discussion on URGENT: Failed to parse descriptor file - Weblogic ; I have a servlet which actually act as an EJB client. The ejb server application is running on the same server(WL 7.0 SP4). The servlet was working fine when we were using a policy file which give all permissions to ...

  1. URGENT: Failed to parse descriptor file

    I have a servlet which actually act as an EJB client. The ejb server application
    is running on the same server(WL 7.0 SP4). The servlet was working fine when
    we were using a policy file which give all permissions to the code. Now as per
    customer requirement we changed the policy file to include only the permissions
    that we require. It is throwing this exception after this policy file change.
    What the code is doing is that using reflection, get the findByPrimaryKey method
    and invoke it on the home interface.

    The exception is:
    java.rmi.RemoteException: cannot unmarshaling return; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.UnexpectedException: Failed to parse descriptor file; nested exception
    is:
    org.xml.sax.SAXException: ResourceEntityResolver: did not resolve entity for
    publicId = -//BEA Systems, Inc.//RMI Runtime DTD 1.0//EN with resource name rmi.dtd

    What permission I will need to give in the policy file inorder to fix this problem?
    Thanks in advance,
    DW

  2. Re: URGENT: Failed to parse descriptor file

    You might want to ask this in the security newsgroup.

+ Reply to Thread