Transaction timed out - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Transaction timed out - Weblogic ; Dear all, When the java application program tries to insert the data (around 300 records). Sometimes, the error occurs as "EJB Exception: weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after 95 seconds". When the error occurred, only one java application was running. Furthermore, ...

  1. Transaction timed out

    Dear all,

    When the java application program tries to insert the data (around 300
    records). Sometimes, the error occurs as "EJB Exception:
    weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after
    95 seconds".

    When the error occurred, only one java application was running. Furthermore,
    I set the JTA-->Timeout Seconds to 30 in the thr the Weblogic console. The
    configuration of the server is WebLogic 7.0 with SP2 and Oracle 8.1.7.
    Anyone know what happen and how to resolve the problem? The error is due to
    the entity bean, Weblogic or Oracle?

    Thanks a lot.

    Irene

  2. Re: Transaction timed out

    Irene Ho wrote:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > When the java application program tries to insert the data (around 300
    > records). Sometimes, the error occurs as "EJB Exception:
    > weblogic.transaction.internal.TimedOutException: Transaction timed out after
    > 95 seconds".
    >
    > When the error occurred, only one java application was running. Furthermore,
    > I set the JTA-->Timeout Seconds to 30 in the thr the Weblogic console. The
    > configuration of the server is WebLogic 7.0 with SP2 and Oracle 8.1.7.
    > Anyone know what happen and how to resolve the problem? The error is due to
    > the entity bean, Weblogic or Oracle?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.
    >
    > Irene

    Or configuration. You can set your timeout to a different value. It is likely
    to be an oracle problem. We don't do anything unnecessary to delay your application
    code. You may be able to check the jdbc log or jta log to see when the tx starts and
    how long it takes to progress. If you note a delay, you could take a server
    thread dump to see what weblogic is doing. Typically it will be waiting for
    Oracle to respond from a jdbc call.
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread