How to write generic look up of remote EJBs w/o using t3 or weblogic providers? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How to write generic look up of remote EJBs w/o using t3 or weblogic providers? - Weblogic ; I have a client using weblogic t3 protocol to look up remote EJBs. I want to generalize this lookup, i.e. get rid of the t3 protocol, to be able to locate any EJB from any vendor. How can I do ...

  1. How to write generic look up of remote EJBs w/o using t3 or weblogic providers?

    I have a client using weblogic t3 protocol to look up remote EJBs. I want to generalize
    this lookup, i.e. get rid of the t3 protocol, to be able to locate any EJB from
    any vendor. How can I do this?

    Here is what I want to replace :
    env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
    env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://" + host + ":" + port);

    Object obj = (new InitialContext(env)).lookup("SOMEEJB") ;

    Any help would be great.

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to write generic look up of remote EJBs w/o using t3 or weblogic providers?

    Here is one technique that I use... Put the properties in a resource file.
    Write a singleton to load the properties. Now, the use looks like this:

    Object obj = (new InitialContext(Resource.getResources())).lookup("SOMEEJB")
    ;

    I have attached the resource file as well as the singleton...

    "Suteertha Guha" wrote in message

    > I have a client using weblogic t3 protocol to look up remote EJBs. I want

    to generalize
    > this lookup, i.e. get rid of the t3 protocol, to be able to locate any EJB

    from
    > any vendor. How can I do this?
    >
    > Here is what I want to replace :
    > env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,

    "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
    > env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://" + host + ":" + port);
    >
    > Object obj = (new InitialContext(env)).lookup("SOMEEJB") ;
    >
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: How to write generic look up of remote EJBs w/o using t3 or weblogicproviders?

    You can use a jndi.properties file or set the jndi properties as system
    properties. Have a look at

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...g/Context.html

    -- Rob

    Suteertha Guha wrote:
    > I have a client using weblogic t3 protocol to look up remote EJBs. I want to generalize
    > this lookup, i.e. get rid of the t3 protocol, to be able to locate any EJB from
    > any vendor. How can I do this?
    >
    > Here is what I want to replace :
    > env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
    > env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://" + host + ":" + port);
    >
    > Object obj = (new InitialContext(env)).lookup("SOMEEJB") ;
    >
    > Any help would be great.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread