Why lock-order can use in cascade delete? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Why lock-order can use in cascade delete? - Weblogic ; Hi. http://edocs.beasys.com/wls/docs81/e...r.html#1113798 #Function #Use this flag to specify the database locking order of an entity bean #when a transaction involves multiple beans and exclusive concurrency. #The bean with lowest number is locked first. # #This flag should only be used ...

  1. Why lock-order can use in cascade delete?

    Hi.

    http://edocs.beasys.com/wls/docs81/e...r.html#1113798

    #Function
    #Use this flag to specify the database locking order of an entity bean
    #when a transaction involves multiple beans and exclusive concurrency.
    #The bean with lowest number is locked first.
    #
    #This flag should only be used to prevent a deadlock situation and,
    currently,
    #only applies when a transaction performs cascade deletes.
    #This flag is only used for cascade delete currently.

    Why lock-order can use only cascade deletes sisuation?
    This is fake fuction ins't it....

    ----
    Makoto Shibata

  2. Re: Why lock-order can use in cascade delete?

    I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by 'fake function', but
    as I recall, the reason why this feature works for cascade delete is because
    the feature was specifically introduced because deadlocks were detected
    when using cascade delete in heavily concurrent environments.

    -thorick

+ Reply to Thread