javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve ejb-link. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve ejb-link. - Weblogic ; Env: JDK 1.3.1_08 Weblogic: 7.0 We are attempting to use EJB's (session) and have it all localized in a jar. The Business and Custom Logic is all compiled to WEB-INF/classes. All the jars including the EJB jar is under WEB-INF/lib. ...

  1. javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve ejb-link.

    Env: JDK 1.3.1_08
    Weblogic: 7.0

    We are attempting to use EJB's (session) and have it all localized in a jar.

    The Business and Custom Logic is all compiled to WEB-INF/classes. All the jars including the EJB jar is under WEB-INF/lib.

    On Startup Weblogic throws the error message
    weblogic.management.ApplicationException: activate failed for application
    {
    Module Name: application, Error: weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException: Could not setup environment - with nested exception:
    [javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve ejb-link. Appejb.jar#AppServerBean is not in the context. The context includes the following link bindings: {} Make sure the link reference is relative to the URI of the referencing module.]
    }

    I have tried using the ../ notation before the Appejb.jar in the web.xml and what not, but that does not work either.

    I have sucesfully deployed the EJB jar through the weblogic console.

    Any Clues or suggestions will be most appreciated..

    thanks
    -a

  2. Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve ejb-link.

    Create a ear application from the ejb jar and web application war.
    Copy ear application to the applications directory.
    In the ejb-link element in web.xml specify the relative path to the ejb jar.
    ../Appejb.jar

    thanks,
    Deepak

    Akshay wrote:
    >Env: JDK 1.3.1_08
    >Weblogic: 7.0
    >
    >We are attempting to use EJB's (session) and have it all localized in
    >a jar.
    >
    >The Business and Custom Logic is all compiled to WEB-INF/classes. All
    >the jars including the EJB jar is under WEB-INF/lib.
    >
    >On Startup Weblogic throws the error message
    >weblogic.management.ApplicationException: activate failed for application
    >{
    >Module Name: application, Error: weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException: Could
    >not setup environment - with nested exception:
    >[javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve ejb-link. Appejb.jar#AppServerBean
    >is not in the context. The context includes the following link bindings:
    >{} Make sure the link reference is relative to the URI of the referencing
    >module.]
    >}
    >
    >I have tried using the ../ notation before the Appejb.jar in the web.xml
    >and what not, but that does not work either.
    >
    >I have sucesfully deployed the EJB jar through the weblogic console.
    >
    >Any Clues or suggestions will be most appreciated..
    >
    >thanks
    >-a

+ Reply to Thread