Bean Managed Tx and JMS - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Bean Managed Tx and JMS - Weblogic ; I'm using Bean Managed TXs in a SSB that creates some other Entity Beans. The psuedo code looks like tx.begin(); // create a entity bean "a" tx.commit(); // invoke a JMS call with a.getPrimaryKey() as a parameter Will the tx.commit() ...

  1. Bean Managed Tx and JMS

    I'm using Bean Managed TXs in a SSB that creates some other Entity Beans. The psuedo
    code looks like

    tx.begin();
    // create a entity bean "a"
    tx.commit();

    // invoke a JMS call with a.getPrimaryKey() as a parameter

    Will the tx.commit() call block until the underlying database commit() has completed
    or could it return possibly before the database commit() completes?

    I'm running WLS 8.1/sp2, Oracle 9i

    Thanks,
    Glen

  2. Re: Bean Managed Tx and JMS

    Glen Wilcox wrote:
    > I'm using Bean Managed TXs in a SSB that creates some other Entity Beans. The psuedo
    > code looks like
    >
    > tx.begin();
    > // create a entity bean "a"
    > tx.commit();
    >
    > // invoke a JMS call with a.getPrimaryKey() as a parameter
    >
    > Will the tx.commit() call block until the underlying database commit() has completed
    > or could it return possibly before the database commit() completes?

    If the database is a resource in the transaction, then commit will not
    return until that resource has committed.

    -- Rob

    > I'm running WLS 8.1/sp2, Oracle 9i
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Glen