Beans not returned in pool after usage - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Beans not returned in pool after usage - Weblogic ; Hello, I have the following problem on WLS 8.1. When creating a statefull bean, we experienced a problem in the ejbCreate method. At this moment, a stateless bean is called for notification purposes. The stateless bean is never returned to ...

  1. Beans not returned in pool after usage

    Hello,

    I have the following problem on WLS 8.1. When creating a statefull bean,
    we experienced a problem in the ejbCreate method. At this moment, a
    stateless bean is called for notification purposes. The stateless bean
    is never returned to the pool. It is counted as bean in use in the console.

    If some experienced the same kind of problem of a stateless not returned
    in pool, let me know.

    Thanks,

    Patrick

  2. Re: Beans not returned in pool after usage

    I'd recommend installing SP2. I can't recall if any bugs were fixed in
    this area, but it's possible.

    A bean will be destroyed (not returned to the pool) if it throws a
    system exception. Otherwise, when the method completes, it will go back.

    I would also want to know whether the bean was truly not being returned
    or whether the console was reporting the wrong statistic. You could
    print out when your bean's constructor was called and get an idea how
    many instances are really created.

    -- Rob

    Patrick Saucy wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have the following problem on WLS 8.1. When creating a statefull bean,
    > we experienced a problem in the ejbCreate method. At this moment, a
    > stateless bean is called for notification purposes. The stateless bean
    > is never returned to the pool. It is counted as bean in use in the console.
    >
    > If some experienced the same kind of problem of a stateless not returned
    > in pool, let me know.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Patrick

+ Reply to Thread