Using Oracle database links - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Using Oracle database links - Weblogic ; I need to access one database via another using Oracle links. Could someone kindly point me to a source of information on how to do this. Many thanks David...

  1. Using Oracle database links

    I need to access one database via another using Oracle links.

    Could someone kindly point me to a source of information on how to do this.

    Many thanks
    David

  2. serialVersionUID in Session EJB & JMS (and Jace/JNI)

    We have a J2EE application with a Visual C++ GUI as the front-end.
    The GUI communicates with the J2EE application in two ways:

    1. Session EJBs.
    2. JMS messaging -
    both the GUI and the J2EE app subscribe to and send messages to
    each other's topics

    The client jars from the J2EE app are used by the GUI client build process
    to generate C++ headers and implementation classes (using Jace/JNI).

    So now the problem has to do with SerialVersionUID mismatch every time we
    make a small change to the J2EE app.
    The SerialVersionUID is auto-generated. I'm not sure exactly how the
    mismatch occurs, but it seems to happen even when I've not made a change in
    the interfaces and there's no Jace build involved.
    Strangely enough, this problem sometiimes goes away upon restarting both the
    client and app server - but not always, and when it persists, the only
    solution is to do a complete rebuild of the GUI (starting with the Jace/JNI
    build)- which takes hours!

    (Of course, when we do have a change in the interaface, it requires a
    rebuild, and that's ok as the UID is auto-generated).

    I understand that the solution is to declare a custom serialVersionUID
    constant in the code.
    My questions are:
    1. In which file should I declare the constant (a) for session EJBs? (b) for
    JMS?
    2. What's the best method to manage it's value? Since it's an explicit
    constant in the code, I don't think I can change it in the build process
    without manually modifying each source file that contains the
    serialVersionUID- or can I?
    3. Should I maintain a separate version for each file or just one value for
    the current build version?

    Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Murali Krishna Devarakonda

+ Reply to Thread