Integrity Constraint problem - child record found - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Integrity Constraint problem - child record found - Weblogic ; Hello, We are using a SB function f that calls two CMP functions. The first CMP(CMP1) function f1 delete records in tableA and the second CMP(CMP2) function f2 delete records in tableB. tableB is the parent table of tableA i.e. ...

  1. Integrity Constraint problem - child record found

    Hello,

    We are using a SB function f that calls two CMP functions. The first CMP(CMP1)
    function f1 delete records in tableA and the second CMP(CMP2) function f2 delete
    records in tableB. tableB is the parent table of tableA i.e. the fk of tableA
    reference to the pk of tableB. However, we got the following exeception:
    ORA-02292: integrity constraint (*.*) violated - child record found"

    We are using WebLogic 8.1 and EJB2.0 and Oracle 9i.

    We found that the container runs ejbStore of the CMP2 first that causes the exception.
    We also tried to run f2 before f1 in f, but got the same result.

    Please give me some solution to this. And/or database configuration suggestions?

    Thanks and regards,

    Erin

  2. Re: Integrity Constraint problem - child record found

    Hi

    A little more information might be needed. It's right to assume that
    the container is not managing any relationship between the beans
    even though there is a parent child relationship between the underlying
    tables ?
    The function f1, does it find beans using a finder on Table A and then
    call remove on the beans ? Are the functions f1 and f2 called in the
    same transaction (I assume so) ?

    -thorick

+ Reply to Thread