help needed with transactions and cmp - Weblogic

This is a discussion on help needed with transactions and cmp - Weblogic ; Hi, if I have a class/ejb (no transaction) calling an ejb that has "transaction required" then a new transactions is started, how long is this transaction active? If my class/ejb (no transaction) calls another bean that has "transaction supported" will ...

  1. help needed with transactions and cmp

    Hi,

    if I have a class/ejb (no transaction) calling an ejb that has "transaction required"
    then a new transactions is started, how long is this transaction active? If my
    class/ejb (no transaction) calls another bean that has "transaction supported"
    will the first transaction be used? dvs is it propagated to the calling bean that
    has "no transaction" or not ?

    Thanks a lot,

    A.

  2. Re: help needed with transactions and cmp

    Hi

    The transaction will last until the method (A) that 'started' it has completed.
    The other method (B) that has the 'Transaction Supported' attribute will run in
    the
    context of the transaction that method (A) started.

    Hope this helps.

    -thorick

  3. Re: help needed with transactions and cmp

    Hi,

    thanks for your reply.

    But what if method (A) has no transaction and calls (B) (in some other bean) that
    has "transaction required" (new transaction created), then (A) calls a third method
    (C) that has "transaction supported", will the transction created when (A) called
    (B) be used or is the transaction valid just for methods called by the method
    that originally started the transaction (method (B))?

    Thanks,

    A.
    "thorick" wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >The transaction will last until the method (A) that 'started' it has
    >completed.
    >The other method (B) that has the 'Transaction Supported' attribute will
    >run in
    >the
    >context of the transaction that method (A) started.
    >
    >Hope this helps.
    >
    >-thorick

  4. Re: help needed with transactions and cmp

    (C) would run in the transaction attribute of (A) which means no tx.
    Tx started for (B) would end within (B) itself unless (B) calls another
    method.

    -Sabha

    "iggy" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > thanks for your reply.
    >
    > But what if method (A) has no transaction and calls (B) (in some other

    bean) that
    > has "transaction required" (new transaction created), then (A) calls a

    third method
    > (C) that has "transaction supported", will the transction created when (A)

    called
    > (B) be used or is the transaction valid just for methods called by the

    method
    > that originally started the transaction (method (B))?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > A.
    > "thorick" wrote:
    >

    > >Hi
    > >
    > >The transaction will last until the method (A) that 'started' it has
    > >completed.
    > >The other method (B) that has the 'Transaction Supported' attribute will
    > >run in
    > >the
    > >context of the transaction that method (A) started.
    > >
    > >Hope this helps.
    > >
    > >-thorick

+ Reply to Thread