bea 7.0 jvm settings - Weblogic

This is a discussion on bea 7.0 jvm settings - Weblogic ; hi there ... we have an application serving ~ 1.000.000 page views per day ... on a clustered bea 7 server . since we started this project we frequently run into problems adjusting the jvm settings for the server ... ...

  1. bea 7.0 jvm settings

    hi there ...

    we have an application serving ~ 1.000.000 page views per day ...
    on a clustered bea 7 server .

    since we started this project we frequently run into problems
    adjusting
    the jvm settings for the server ...

    we actually use something like:
    -Xms1194m
    -Xmx1194m
    -Xconcurrentio
    -Xss4m
    -XX:NewSize=356m
    -XX:MaxNewSize=547m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

    what interests me most is your opinion as well as your experiences on:
    --> heap-size
    --> jung generation
    --> old generation

    1. is there a recommended maximum heap size for a bea server ?
    2. the recommandation of bea ( joung generation=old generation ) did
    not work for us ... it produced many full gc

    greetings from berlin

  2. Re: bea 7.0 jvm settings

    Hi ,

    You can try this Heap size settings

    Xmx - sets maximum java heap size

    Set this to a size which leaves some RAM for the operating system. If
    there is virtual memory configured on the operating system (hard disk
    pretending to be RAM) then set the maximum jvm heap low enough to
    avoid using it.

    Regards,
    KarthiKeyan S

    loumaus@pirack.com (tmaus) wrote in message news:<32ce1b1f.0401150852.ec81518@posting.google.com>...
    > hi there ...
    >
    > we have an application serving ~ 1.000.000 page views per day ...
    > on a clustered bea 7 server .
    >
    > since we started this project we frequently run into problems
    > adjusting
    > the jvm settings for the server ...
    >
    > we actually use something like:
    > -Xms1194m
    > -Xmx1194m
    > -Xconcurrentio
    > -Xss4m
    > -XX:NewSize=356m
    > -XX:MaxNewSize=547m
    > -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
    >
    > what interests me most is your opinion as well as your experiences on:
    > --> heap-size
    > --> jung generation
    > --> old generation
    >
    > 1. is there a recommended maximum heap size for a bea server ?
    > 2. the recommandation of bea ( joung generation=old generation ) did
    > not work for us ... it produced many full gc
    >
    > greetings from berlin

+ Reply to Thread