java.rmi.MarshalException using wlclient.jar - Weblogic

This is a discussion on java.rmi.MarshalException using wlclient.jar - Weblogic ; Hi, When ever am trying to connect to the server using the wlclient.jar on the client side, I get a marshalling exception. Using weblogic.jar instead of wlclient.jar resolves the issue. Has any one come across this error before ? WebLogic ...

  1. java.rmi.MarshalException using wlclient.jar

    Hi,

    When ever am trying to connect to the server using the wlclient.jar on the client
    side, I get a marshalling exception. Using weblogic.jar instead of wlclient.jar
    resolves the issue. Has any one come across this error before ?

    WebLogic 8.1 sp 2 ( tried CR124377 - but did not work)
    Windows 2000
    Oracle 9.2

    The client is a simple ejb client that commects to the server and send over a
    large data object to the EJB.

    Client Side Stack Trace:

    java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0 No; nested exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
    at
    com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ShutdownUtilDelegat e.mapSystemException(ShutdownUtilDelegate.java:97)
    at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java: 65)
    at
    us.ga.state.rev.rtitejb._TaxReturnDataHandler_Stub .saveSystemEditResults(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    us.ga.state.rev.rtitejb.client.TaxReturnDataHandle rClient.saveSystemEditResults(TaxReturnDataHandler Client.java:82)
    at
    rtit.TaxReturnDataManager.saveValidationAttempt(Ta xReturnDataManager.java:1920)
    at
    rtit.TaxReturnDataManager.saveFromSystemValidation (TaxReturnDataManager.java:1347)
    at rtit.TaxReturn.saveFromSystemValidation(TaxReturn. java:633)
    at rtit.TaxReturn.performEditValidation(TaxReturn.jav a:800)
    at
    batchedits.SystemValidationManager.validateBatch(S ystemValidationManager.java:92)
    at batchedits.SystemValidationManager.main(SystemVali dationManager.java:171)
    Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
    at
    sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:274)
    at
    com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.messages.ReplyMessa ge_1_2.getSystemException(ReplyMessage_1_2.java:90 )
    at
    com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ClientResponseImpl. getSystemException(ClientResponseImpl.java:105)
    at
    com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.inv oke(ClientDelegate.java:314)
    at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectIm pl.java:457)
    .... 8 more

    Server Side Stack Trace:

    6): dispatched>
    : sending EXCEPTION(java.rmi.UnmarshalException)>
    by
    rmi server: sending exception
    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is
    :
    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved; nested
    exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved vmcid: 0x0 m
    inor code: 0 completed: No.
    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:

    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved; nested
    exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved vmcid: 0x0 m
    inor code: 0 completed: No
    at us.ga.state.rev.rtitejb.TaxReturnDataHandler_a3q9w a_EOImpl_WLSkel.inv
    oke(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicS erverRef.java:477)
    at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareServerRef.invoke( ReplicaAwareServerR
    ef.java:108)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef$1.run(BasicSe rverRef.java:420)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(Authenticate
    dSubject.java:353)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:
    144)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest (BasicServerRef.jav
    a:415)
    at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute( BasicExecuteRequest
    ..java:30)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)
    Caused by: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved; nest
    ed exception is:
    org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved vmcid: 0x0 m
    inor code: 0 completed: No
    at weblogic.iiop.Utils.mapSystemException(Utils.java: 935)
    at weblogic.iiop.RMIMsgInput.readObject(RMIMsgInput.j ava:86)
    .... 10 more
    Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: stream corrupted: '0' tag reserved vmcid: 0x0
    minor code: 0 completed: No
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.continuation(IIOPInp utStream.java:499)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.endOfChunk(IIOPInput Stream.java:478)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.checkChunk(IIOPInput Stream.java:459)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.read_longlong(IIOPIn putStream.java:1087
    )
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.IIOPInputStream.input PrimitiveField(IIOP
    InputStream.java:1373)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.IIOPInputStream.input ClassFields(IIOPInp
    utStream.java:1786)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.IIOPInputStream.input Object(IIOPInputStr
    eam.java:913)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.IIOPInputStream.simpl eReadObject(IIOPInp
    utStream.java:261)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.ValueHandlerImpl.read ValueInternal(Value
    HandlerImpl.java:247)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.ValueHandlerImpl.read Value(ValueHandlerI
    mpl.java:209)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.read_value(IIOPInput Stream.java:1944)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.read_value(IIOPInput Stream.java:1965)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.readAny(IIOPInputStr eam.java:1579)
    at weblogic.iiop.UtilDelegateImpl.readAny(UtilDelegat eImpl.java:98)
    at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.readAny(Util.java:90)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.ValueHandlerImpl.read _Array(ValueHandler
    Impl.java:586)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.ValueHandlerImpl.read ValueInternal(Value
    HandlerImpl.java:244)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.ValueHandlerImpl.read Value(ValueHandlerI
    mpl.java:209)
    at weblogic.iiop.IIOPInputStream.read_value(IIOPInput Stream.java:1944)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.IIOPInputStream.input ObjectField(IIOPInp
    utStream.java:1577)
    at com.sun.corba.se.internal.io.IIOPInputStream.input ClassFields(IIOPInp
    utStream.java:1796)
[...]
    at weblogic.iiop.RMIMsgInput.readObject(RMIMsgInput.j ava:83)
    .... 10 more

    Thank you for your help in advance.

    - Sriram

  2. Re: java.rmi.MarshalException using wlclient.jar

    "Sriram Krovvidi" writes:

    > When ever am trying to connect to the server using the wlclient.jar on the client
    > side, I get a marshalling exception. Using weblogic.jar instead of wlclient.jar
    > resolves the issue. Has any one come across this error before ?
    >
    > WebLogic 8.1 sp 2 ( tried CR124377 - but did not work)
    > Windows 2000
    > Oracle 9.2

    There are a couple of CR's about this. My suspicion is that these are
    all the same and due to the server not coping with interleaved message
    fragments which the JDK ORB sends. You can get around this by
    specifying the following option in the client:

    -Dcom.sun.CORBA.giop.ORBGIOP12BuffMgr=0

    We will probably make this option the default in SP3 (it already is
    for tunnelled clients) since it gives a significant performance
    increase also. I'm not really sure why Sun decided that fragmentation
    should be the default. The fragmentation bug in the server we will fix
    in due course, although it is lower priority since the above option
    seems to cure things for all customers.

    andy

+ Reply to Thread