Determine if a client of a stateful EJB dies... - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Determine if a client of a stateful EJB dies... - Weblogic ; We are trying to remove stateful EJB instances when the client accessing the stateful EJB dies abruptly. We do not want to rely on the timeout feature. Let us say that we have a client that creates a stateful session ...

  1. Determine if a client of a stateful EJB dies...

    We are trying to remove stateful EJB instances when the client accessing the stateful
    EJB dies abruptly. We do not want to rely on the timeout feature.

    Let us say that we have a client that creates a stateful session bean and dies
    abruptly.

    Is there any way of determining, from the Weblogic server by inspecting the Stateful
    Bean, if the client is dead?

  2. Re: Determine if a client of a stateful EJB dies...

    It is Application server implementation specfic,If a bean is loaded in
    to the memory it is up to the app server to remove its instance(s)from
    the pool,so you cant remove explicitly the ejb instance or determine
    when it is happening.

    --karthi

    "Nanda S" wrote in message news:<3ff9fdb3$1@newsgroups.bea.com>...
    > We are trying to remove stateful EJB instances when the client accessing the stateful
    > EJB dies abruptly. We do not want to rely on the timeout feature.
    >
    > Let us say that we have a client that creates a stateful session bean and dies
    > abruptly.
    >
    > Is there any way of determining, from the Weblogic server by inspecting the Stateful
    > Bean, if the client is dead?

+ Reply to Thread