Entity bean referenceing Clarification needed - New To EJB - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Entity bean referenceing Clarification needed - New To EJB - Weblogic ; Hi Guys, I havn't done all that much of EJB. I had a basic question. If I am referencing one Entity bean from another, how does this get handled. Is the container smart enough to know that it doesn't need ...

  1. Entity bean referenceing Clarification needed - New To EJB

    Hi Guys, I havn't done all that much of EJB. I had a basic question. If I am
    referencing one Entity bean from another, how does this get handled. Is the
    container smart enough to know that it doesn't need to passivate the entire
    referenced bean and only stores some kind of a reference from one bean to
    another.

    Lets say I have a entity bean called "Fruit"

    From another entity bean, say "Farm" I set this via a method
    Farm.setFruit(Fruit apple);

    within Farm I have Fruit as a instance variable, something like

    public Fruint fruit=null;

    public void setFruit(Fruit f) {
    this.fruit = f;
    }

    How will this apple be handled when I set it to this beans Fruit ??

    Is this dependent ont the container, How will say Weblogic handle as
    Compared to JBoss ???

    Heeeeeeeelp

    Thanks

    cheers
    Haider

  2. Re: Entity bean referenceing Clarification needed - New To EJB

    "Haider Kazmi" wrote in message news:3f9ec763@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > Hi Guys, I havn't done all that much of EJB. I had a basic question. If I am
    > referencing one Entity bean from another, how does this get handled. Is the
    > container smart enough to know that it doesn't need to passivate the entire
    > referenced bean and only stores some kind of a reference from one bean to
    > another.

    Entity Beans are not passivated if you mean serialization
    to some storage.

    Regards,

    Slava Imeshev

+ Reply to Thread