Transaction timeout -- does it really times out. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Transaction timeout -- does it really times out. - Weblogic ; Hi, is the following true as regards to transaction timeouts. The descriptor is set as: 2 The actual transaction takes 3 seconds but it does not really time out after 2 seconds. The ejb container compares the actual time take ...

  1. Transaction timeout -- does it really times out.

    Hi, is the following true as regards to transaction timeouts. The descriptor is
    set as:

    2

    The actual transaction takes 3 seconds but it does not really time out after 2
    seconds. The ejb container compares the actual time take (3 seconds in this case)
    with the set time (2 seconds) and then throws the TransactionTimeoutException.

    Thanks. Pasari.

  2. Re: Transaction timeout -- does it really times out.

    pasari wrote:
    > Hi, is the following true as regards to transaction timeouts. The descriptor is
    > set as:
    >

    > 2
    >

    > The actual transaction takes 3 seconds but it does not really time out after 2
    > seconds.

    The transaction manager does not immediately time out transactions. If
    your tx is only 1 second late, then I believe there is a window where it
    could still commit.

    > The ejb container compares the actual time take (3 seconds in this case)
    > with the set time (2 seconds) and then throws the TransactionTimeoutException.

    No it does not.

    -- Rob

    > Thanks. Pasari.

+ Reply to Thread