adding managedServers dynamicly to admin server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on adding managedServers dynamicly to admin server - Weblogic ; Subject: Dynamic deployment of Managed Servers I Would like to know if it is at all possible to add Managed Servers to the config file of the Administrator Server.. i.e. is it possible - given the ip of the admin ...

  1. adding managedServers dynamicly to admin server

    Subject: Dynamic deployment of Managed Servers

    I Would like to know if it is at all possible to add Managed Servers to the config file of the Administrator Server..
    i.e. is it possible - given the ip of the admin server, to add myself to a cluster on the admin, me - being the managed server, without my managedserver being defined previously in the config file of the admin server,
    (thus allowing any number of managed to join a cluster without pre-defining the members of the cluster)?
    Thanks

  2. Re: adding managedServers dynamicly to admin server

    Yes you can dynamically add a managed server to the cluster if you follow the steps given below:

    Make sure that your username has admin rights.

    Create a server mbean. To do this you can use weblogic admin console or you can use weblogic.Admin command tool.)

    While creating the managed server specify the ip address of your managed server machine.

    Include this new managed server in the existing cluster.

    Start the new managed server ( 1.you can use startweblogic.cmd command tool to start the managed server. 2 You can use admin web console if you have already specified the remotestart settings for your server mbean. In the second case you must configure node manager on the managed server).

    Please follow the documentation on how to start admin and managed servers.

    Regards,
    Seshi

  3. Re: adding managedServers dynamicly to admin server

    you wrote:
    "Include this new managed server in the existing cluster."

    this is the part that i cannot do!

    i am capable of adding any number of managed servers to the admin server when i am on the admin machine, but what i am trying to do is:

    add a managed server to a running admin server from remote, that is what would make it dynamic - allowing any number of managed servers to join the cluster....

+ Reply to Thread