POJO replication? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on POJO replication? - Weblogic ; Can Weblogic 8.1 synchronize the state of application-specific data objects stored in the application tier across a cluster whenever a state change occurs on such an object on any machine in the cluster? Each such data object is a part ...

  1. POJO replication?

    Can Weblogic 8.1 synchronize the state of application-specific data objects stored in the
    application tier across a cluster whenever a state change occurs on such an
    object on any machine in the cluster?
    Each such data object is a part of a collection, and multiple collections may exist. Each collection corresponds to a specific table in the database and each object in the collection is a row from the table. Thus, each collection represents an in-memory, pre-loaded or on-demand loaded, partial or total cache of the database table. Each collection cache may be retrieved by application code using a common factory class. When application code retrieves an object from the cache and updates it on one machine, can Weblogic detect the change and propagate the same to other machines in the cluster such that cache states on all machines in the cluster are synchronized?
    I know that proprietary caching products like Tangosol Coherence exist for exactly this purpose, but is there anything in Weblogic to support automatic replication?

  2. Re: POJO replication?

    I don't think weblogic has something built-in to support your
    requirements. It could be done using JMS for cache update notification
    if simplier approaches is not acceptable (time out etc).

    Another solution would be use CMP beans with cache-between-transactions
    flag, then bean state is not being refreshed at the beginning of every
    transaction but when bean is updated weblogic will discard instances of
    this bean on all clusters nodes (at least they claims it in
    documentation). I personally never tried this and you better use WLS 8
    for cache-between-transactions (thre are bugs in 7).

    Chandrasekar Ravoori wrote:
    > Can Weblogic 8.1 synchronize the state of application-specific data objects stored in the
    > application tier across a cluster whenever a state change occurs on such an
    > object on any machine in the cluster?
    > Each such data object is a part of a collection, and multiple collections may exist. Each collection corresponds to a specific table in the database and each object in the collection is a row from the table. Thus, each collection represents an in-memory, pre-loaded or on-demand loaded, partial or total cache of the database table. Each collection cache may be retrieved by application code using a common factory class. When application code retrieves an object from the cache and updates it on one machine, can Weblogic detect the change and propagate the same to other machines in the cluster such that cache states on all machines in the cluster are synchronized?
    > I know that proprietary caching products like Tangosol Coherence exist for exactly this purpose, but is there anything in Weblogic to support automatic replication?

+ Reply to Thread