clustering for load balancing only - Weblogic

This is a discussion on clustering for load balancing only - Weblogic ; I wish to set up 2 WLS 8.1 machines to run an application independently to share load (no replication of sessions, beans etc). Can I create a cluster for the two servers and not turn on any session or bean ...

  1. clustering for load balancing only

    I wish to set up 2 WLS 8.1 machines to run an application independently to
    share load (no replication of sessions, beans etc).

    Can I create a cluster for the two servers and not turn on any session or
    bean replication, then configure the IIS or Apache plug-in to use the
    cluster and therefore create some load balancing?

    Chris

  2. Re: clustering for load balancing only

    Chris,

    Yes you can certainly use a Cluster simply for load balancing. There is no
    mandate that you have to take advantage of session state replication in the
    cluster.

    ~Ryan Upton

    "Chris Steains" wrote in message
    > I wish to set up 2 WLS 8.1 machines to run an application independently to
    > share load (no replication of sessions, beans etc).
    >
    > Can I create a cluster for the two servers and not turn on any session or
    > bean replication, then configure the IIS or Apache plug-in to use the
    > cluster and therefore create some load balancing?
    >

    > Chris

+ Reply to Thread