EJBHandles getObject() method gives NoSuchObjectException in a Cluster - Weblogic

This is a discussion on EJBHandles getObject() method gives NoSuchObjectException in a Cluster - Weblogic ; I deployed a stateful session bean to server1 and server2 running in one cluster. In my test client, I first fired a query on an stateful EJBObject which created a different stateful EJBObject, bundled its EJBHandle in a serailzable object ...

  1. EJBHandles getObject() method gives NoSuchObjectException in a Cluster

    I deployed a stateful session bean to server1 and server2 running in one cluster.
    In my test client,
    I first fired a query on an stateful EJBObject which
    created a different stateful EJBObject,
    bundled its EJBHandle in a serailzable object
    and returned this serializable object to the client.
    My next client statement is to get the EJBHandles from the serializable object
    and calling getEJBObject(),
    the strange thing is that when this statement is executed, it sometimes (about
    50% probability) throws a NoSuchObjectException. The error message contains "Bean
    has been deleted".

    I understand that stateful session bean can't be clustered (only ejbHome of it
    is clustable). So the ejbHandle I got from EJBObject should only contain information
    of server 1, where the stateful bean is created, any follow request of the beans
    should be routed to server 1 instead of server 2. But according to the output,
    it seems that the second request of the sf bean was sent to server 2, and the
    result is NoSuchObjectException is thrown.

    I shutdown one server in the cluster (or undeploy the erring bean from it), the
    error disappeared.

    I am using WLS 6.1 SP01 on Windows 2000.
    --
    WebLogic Server 6.1 SP1 09/18/2001 14:28:44 #138716
    WebLogic XML Module 6.1 SP1 09/18/2001 14:43:02 #138716

    The idleTimeOutSeconds of the bean is set sufficiently large (5 hrs), so it should
    never be passivated as long as EJB cache is not full.
    We are setting the EJBHome clusterable (ofcourse), but we are not asking for Replicating
    state.

    true
    None

    Any idea why we are getting this problem?

    Thanks a lot.
    Manoj Sheth

  2. Re: EJBHandles getObject() method gives NoSuchObjectException in a Cluster

    I am also facing a similar problem. Only difference is that i am getting the following
    error:

    ---Unable to locate EJBHome: BeanHome' on server: 't3://IP: PORT (A). It appears
    as if handle tries to look for the home object on the primary server A which is
    down.

    "Manoj Sheth" wrote:

    >I deployed a stateful session bean to server1 and server2 running in
    >one cluster.
    >In my test client,
    >I first fired a query on an stateful EJBObject which
    > created a different stateful EJBObject,
    > bundled its EJBHandle in a serailzable object
    > and returned this serializable object to the client.
    >My next client statement is to get the EJBHandles from the serializable
    >object
    >and calling getEJBObject(),
    >the strange thing is that when this statement is executed, it sometimes
    >(about
    >50% probability) throws a NoSuchObjectException. The error message contains
    >"Bean
    >has been deleted".
    >
    >I understand that stateful session bean can't be clustered (only ejbHome
    >of it
    >is clustable). So the ejbHandle I got from EJBObject should only contain
    >information
    >of server 1, where the stateful bean is created, any follow request of
    >the beans
    >should be routed to server 1 instead of server 2. But according to the
    >output,
    >it seems that the second request of the sf bean was sent to server 2,
    >and the
    >result is NoSuchObjectException is thrown.
    >
    >I shutdown one server in the cluster (or undeploy the erring bean from
    >it), the
    >error disappeared.
    >
    >I am using WLS 6.1 SP01 on Windows 2000.
    >--
    >WebLogic Server 6.1 SP1 09/18/2001 14:28:44 #138716
    >WebLogic XML Module 6.1 SP1 09/18/2001 14:43:02 #138716
    >--
    >
    >The idleTimeOutSeconds of the bean is set sufficiently large (5 hrs),
    >so it should
    >never be passivated as long as EJB cache is not full.
    >We are setting the EJBHome clusterable (ofcourse), but we are not asking
    >for Replicating
    >state.
    >
    >true
    >None
    >

    >Any idea why we are getting this problem?
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >Manoj Sheth

  3. RE: EJBHandles getObject() method gives NoSuchObjectException in a Cluster

    Hello.

    I have the same problem with a statefull bean savig its hande in httpsession, using a cluster of two WL 7.0 SP 4.

    Help me, please.

    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread