Accessing Distributed Queue In a Cluster via the Proxy Server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Accessing Distributed Queue In a Cluster via the Proxy Server - Weblogic ; I am running WL 8.1 SP2. I have a configuration where I have 3 servers (on two different machines) running in a cluster. I have a separate server on a 3rd machine running the cluster proxy server for a single ...

  1. Accessing Distributed Queue In a Cluster via the Proxy Server

    I am running WL 8.1 SP2. I have a configuration where I have 3 servers (on two
    different machines) running in a cluster. I have a separate server on a 3rd machine
    running the cluster proxy server for a single point of access to the cluster.
    I have configured a distributed queue and a distributed topic, each targeted
    to all servers in the cluster.

    Now I have a JMS client which is a separate java application that is trying to
    connect to the distributed queue and topic in the cluster. If the client connects
    directly to one of the cluster machines, it is able to successfully interact with
    the JMS queue and topic. But if it attempts to connect via the proxy server it
    gets an error saying the queue and topic does not exist.

    So what am I missing? Do I need to configure a separate JMS server on the proxy
    server and add that as part of the distributed queue & topic (this didn't seem
    to allow me to add anything outside of the cluster). Is there any special configuration
    in the proxy to pass through JMS requests? I'm currently using a WL logic server
    as my front-end proxy server but does anything change if I want to use Apache
    with the WL Proxy plug-in??

    Jerald

  2. Re: Accessing Distributed Queue In a Cluster via the Proxy Server

    "Jerald Pratt" wrote in message

    > I am running WL 8.1 SP2. I have a configuration where I have 3 servers

    (on two
    > different machines) running in a cluster. I have a separate server on a

    3rd machine
    > running the cluster proxy server for a single point of access to the

    cluster.
    > I have configured a distributed queue and a distributed topic, each

    targeted
    > to all servers in the cluster.
    >
    > Now I have a JMS client which is a separate java application that is

    trying to
    > connect to the distributed queue and topic in the cluster. If the client

    connects
    > directly to one of the cluster machines, it is able to successfully

    interact with
    > the JMS queue and topic. But if it attempts to connect via the proxy

    server it
    > gets an error saying the queue and topic does not exist.

    Yup... That makes sense...

    > So what am I missing? Do I need to configure a separate JMS server on the

    proxy
    > server and add that as part of the distributed queue & topic (this didn't

    seem
    > to allow me to add anything outside of the cluster). Is there any special

    configuration
    > in the proxy to pass through JMS requests? I'm currently using a WL logic

    server
    > as my front-end proxy server but does anything change if I want to use

    Apache
    > with the WL Proxy plug-in??

    One option I have used frequenly is specifying java.naming.provider.url as
    cluster address (e.g. t3://server1:7001,server2:7001

    You may also want to look into tunnelling...

    > Jerald

+ Reply to Thread