Distrubuted Destinations on two different machines? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Distrubuted Destinations on two different machines? - Weblogic ; Suppose I have two machines, each containing two Weblogic instances, running in a cluster. If I configure a distributed destination on machine A, it seems logical that the physical destinations on machine B would not get the message. Is this ...

  1. Distrubuted Destinations on two different machines?

    Suppose I have two machines, each containing two Weblogic instances, running in
    a cluster. If I configure a distributed destination on machine A, it seems logical
    that the physical destinations on machine B would not get the message. Is this
    correct? If true, JMS cannot really be clustered accross two different machines
    using the same distributed destination queue.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Distrubuted Destinations on two different machines?

    "Nathan" wrote in message

    > Suppose I have two machines, each containing two Weblogic instances,

    running in
    > a cluster. If I configure a distributed destination on machine A, it

    seems logical
    > that the physical destinations on machine B would not get the message. Is

    this

    If you configure a distributed destination on machine A, the it is possible
    to deploy it on machine A as well as machine B. (Note: We can always deploy
    the distributed destination on machine A ONLY.)

    > correct? If true, JMS cannot really be clustered accross two different

    machines
    > using the same distributed destination queue.

    I am not sure I follow...

    Let's take a distributed queue named SimpleQueue with JNDI name
    jms/SimpleQueue. Now, deploy the queue on both the nodes in the cluster.
    Client simple sends messages to jms/SimpleQueue. Load-balancing will happen
    and each node's message listeners will receive the message.

    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread