Replicating files across managed servers - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Replicating files across managed servers - Weblogic ; Hi there, I have a clustered environment with say 3 managed servers. One of the managed server (e.g. A) will try to download some files from a remote location periodically (for caching purposes). So, when a client tries to connect ...

  1. Replicating files across managed servers

    Hi there,

    I have a clustered environment with say 3 managed servers. One of the managed
    server (e.g. A) will try to download some files from a remote location periodically
    (for caching purposes).

    So, when a client tries to connect to the cluster (any of the managed server depending
    on the load balancer), I am supposed to serve the files to the client. My question
    is, say for e.g. server A downloaded the files to save in its local directory,
    how do I make these files replicated to other server as well. Or, how do I automatically
    direct the client to server A only when fetching the document is required?

    Suggestions? Many thanks in advance....

  2. Re: Replicating files across managed servers

    Hi.
    I had pretty the same problem.
    In my application, users can upload images.
    If these images are in server 1, and one user tries to access these images from
    server 2, we get the same problem.
    So we solved the situation like follows:
    1.- When a user uploads an image, this image is saved in database.
    2.- There is a daemon, running in every server, that checks (every 30secs) if
    there is any image in the database that is not at the server. If not, it downloads
    the image from the database. After all, it registers at the database that server
    X got the image.
    3.- When all servers downloaded the image, daemon deletes it from the database.

    That is my solution. I dont know if it can be used by you, because maybe this
    solution is only ok for low number of file updates.
    I would like to know if somebody can provide some better solution.

    Thanks in advance
    Oscar Cristobal

    "Stephen S." wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I have a clustered environment with say 3 managed servers. One of the
    >managed
    >server (e.g. A) will try to download some files from a remote location
    >periodically
    >(for caching purposes).
    >
    >So, when a client tries to connect to the cluster (any of the managed
    >server depending
    >on the load balancer), I am supposed to serve the files to the client.
    >My question
    >is, say for e.g. server A downloaded the files to save in its local directory,
    >how do I make these files replicated to other server as well. Or, how
    >do I automatically
    >direct the client to server A only when fetching the document is required?
    >
    >Suggestions? Many thanks in advance....

  3. Re: Replicating files across managed servers

    Hi Oscar,

    Many thanks for your feedback and solution, I could give it a try...

    "Oscar Cristobal" wrote:

    >Hi.
    >I had pretty the same problem.
    >In my application, users can upload images.
    >If these images are in server 1, and one user tries to access these images
    >from
    >server 2, we get the same problem.
    >So we solved the situation like follows:
    >1.- When a user uploads an image, this image is saved in database.
    >2.- There is a daemon, running in every server, that checks (every 30secs)
    >if
    >there is any image in the database that is not at the server. If not,
    >it downloads
    >the image from the database. After all, it registers at the database
    >that server
    >X got the image.
    >3.- When all servers downloaded the image, daemon deletes it from the
    >database.
    >
    >That is my solution. I dont know if it can be used by you, because maybe
    >this
    >solution is only ok for low number of file updates.
    >I would like to know if somebody can provide some better solution.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Oscar Cristobal
    >

    >"Stephen S." wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>I have a clustered environment with say 3 managed servers. One of the
    >>managed
    >>server (e.g. A) will try to download some files from a remote location
    >>periodically
    >>(for caching purposes).
    >>
    >>So, when a client tries to connect to the cluster (any of the managed
    >>server depending
    >>on the load balancer), I am supposed to serve the files to the client.
    >>My question
    >>is, say for e.g. server A downloaded the files to save in its local

    >directory,
    >>how do I make these files replicated to other server as well. Or, how
    >>do I automatically
    >>direct the client to server A only when fetching the document is required?
    >>
    >>Suggestions? Many thanks in advance....

+ Reply to Thread