JNDI lookup in a clustered environment - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JNDI lookup in a clustered environment - Weblogic ; Hi, I have deployed my application on a clustered environment containing one admin server and two managed servers. The application is deployed on the managed servers. We have a DNS for these two managed servers. Currently, I am using t3:localhost ...

  1. JNDI lookup in a clustered environment

    Hi,

    I have deployed my application on a clustered environment containing one admin
    server and two managed servers. The application is deployed on the managed servers.
    We have a DNS for these two managed servers.

    Currently, I am using t3:localhostortnumber to get an initial context for JNDI
    lookup.
    But this will not provide perfect load balancing, since each server side component
    (EJB) will lookup for a needed component on the same server itself.

    Is there any way to get the Initial Context by using the DNS name?

    I tried t3NSName (Our DNS is created till the port number. e.g. http://DNS points
    to http://Managedserver1ortnumber and http://Managedserver2ortnumber

    It works, but is random. Sometimes, it gives me the following exception:
    Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3://DNS Name: Destination not
    reachable using: 't3'

    Could someone help me figure out a way to do this in a better way?

    Thanks,
    Aparna

  2. Re: JNDI lookup in a clustered environment

    Aparna wrote:
    >Could someone help me figure out a way to do this in a better way?

    Aparna: Use a hardware-based solution, such as Cisco's LocalDirector, F5's BigIP,
    or Nortel Networks' Alteon.

    Brian J. Mitchell
    Systems Administrator, TRX
    email: brian.mitchell@trx.com