Failover with no cluster - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Failover with no cluster - Weblogic ; hi, I have the following problem, I have an apache web server and two not-clustered bea server which host the same application and needed no sync etc.. I want the apache to forward the requests to the first bea server ...

  1. Failover with no cluster

    hi,

    I have the following problem, I have an apache web server and two not-clustered
    bea server which host the same application and needed no sync etc.. I want the
    apache to forward the requests to the first bea server and if this bea fails it
    should forward all request to the second bea.
    With the bea plug-in this only works with a bea-cluster as I understand, does
    anybody know a solution (plugin) which could do this for me??

    greats
    andi

  2. Re: Failover with no cluster

    "andi" wrote:
    >Does anybody know a solution (plugin) which could do this for me??

    Andi:

    Use a hardware-based solution, such as Cisco's LocalDirector, F5's BigIP, or Nortel
    Networks' Alteon.

    Brian J. Mitchell
    Systems Administrator, TRX
    email: brian.mitchell@trx.com

  3. Re: Failover with no cluster

    we don't want to buy hardware. isn't there a software solution available for apache?

    "Brian Mitchell" wrote:

    >"andi" wrote:
    >>Does anybody know a solution (plugin) which could do this for me??

    >Andi:
    >
    >Use a hardware-based solution, such as Cisco's LocalDirector, F5's BigIP,
    >or Nortel
    >Networks' Alteon.
    >

    >Brian J. Mitchell
    >Systems Administrator, TRX