MaxMessageSizeExceededException - Weblogic

This is a discussion on MaxMessageSizeExceededException - Weblogic ; Hi all, Was wondering if anyone has encountered this error before on the Administration Server. I am using Weblogic 7.0.4 In my environment I have an admin server on 10.122.10.162 and a managed server on 10.122.10.105. I subjected my application ...

  1. MaxMessageSizeExceededException

    Hi all,

    Was wondering if anyone has encountered this error before on the
    Administration Server. I am using Weblogic 7.0.4

    In my environment I have an admin server on 10.122.10.162 and a managed
    server on 10.122.10.105. I subjected my application to a load of 75
    concurrent threads running over 3 physical machines and left it to run for 6
    hours over the night. Came back the next morning and the application
    wouldn't work anymore and I get this exception on the Admin Server.

    Here's the full exception.

    <000413> processSock
    ets() - GetData: weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer$GetData - Pointer:
    '330870792', n
    umBytes: '4096'
    weblogic.socket.MaxMessageSizeExceededException: Incoming message of size:
    '100
    00080' bytes exceeds the configured maximum of: '10000000' bytes for
    protocol: '
    t3'
    weblogic.socket.MaxMessageSizeExceededException: Incoming message of size:
    '1000
    0080' bytes exceeds the configured maximum of: '10000000' bytes for
    protocol: 't
    3'
    at
    weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.incrementBufferOf fset(T3JVMConnectio
    n.java:676)
    at
    weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSoc ketMuxer.java:617)
    at
    weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(Socket ReaderRequest.java:
    23)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:234)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:210)

    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

    Best rgds,
    Steven

  2. Re: MaxMessageSizeExceededException

    the value for MaxMessageSize attribute can be set on the ServerMBean
    ( tag in config.xml) so you can set it to a value upto a max of
    2000000000

    "Steven" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Was wondering if anyone has encountered this error before on the
    > Administration Server. I am using Weblogic 7.0.4
    >
    > In my environment I have an admin server on 10.122.10.162 and a managed
    > server on 10.122.10.105. I subjected my application to a load of 75
    > concurrent threads running over 3 physical machines and left it to run for

    6
    > hours over the night. Came back the next morning and the application
    > wouldn't work anymore and I get this exception on the Admin Server.
    >
    > Here's the full exception.
    >
    > <000413> > processSock
    > ets() - GetData: weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer$GetData - Pointer:
    > '330870792', n
    > umBytes: '4096'
    > weblogic.socket.MaxMessageSizeExceededException: Incoming message of

    size:
    > '100
    > 00080' bytes exceeds the configured maximum of: '10000000' bytes for
    > protocol: '
    > t3'
    > weblogic.socket.MaxMessageSizeExceededException: Incoming message of size:
    > '1000
    > 0080' bytes exceeds the configured maximum of: '10000000' bytes for
    > protocol: 't
    > 3'
    > at
    > weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.incrementBufferOf fset(T3JVMConnectio
    > n.java:676)
    > at
    > weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSoc ketMuxer.java:617)
    > at
    > weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(Socket ReaderRequest.java:
    > 23)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:234)
    > at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:210)
    >
    > Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Best rgds,
    > Steven

  3. Re: MaxMessageSizeExceededException

    thanks sree,

    do you know if there are there any side-effects of setting this value
    higher?

    sree bodapati wrote:
    > the value for MaxMessageSize attribute can be set on the ServerMBean
    > ( tag in config.xml) so you can set it to a value upto a max of
    > 2000000000

+ Reply to Thread